VPI counterweights not made to fit all VPI arms....?

Re: VPI counterweights not made to fit all VPI arms....?

Postby YoungDave » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:50 pm

put a little vinyl tape or plumbers tape on the arm and it will fit without doing any permanent physical alterations to arm or weight.

I'm sorry, but that is not a proper solution for a precision instrument. Parts should, no, MUST, fit properly. No alibis allowed...
2004 HRX, heavyweight platter, 1st gen 3d arm, Phoenix Eagle/Roadrunner, Dynavector XV-1s, Manley Steelhead, DEQX
YoungDave

Postby VinBob » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:34 pm

YoungDave wrote:
put a little vinyl tape or plumbers tape on the arm and it will fit without doing any permanent physical alterations to arm or weight.

I'm sorry, but that is not a proper solution for a precision instrument. Parts should, no, MUST, fit properly. No alibis allowed...

Couldn't agree with you more... Not sure one would see this with ClearAudio, Rega, Project etc. ~ It's unnecessarily annoying and I am still after one week waiting to hear back on a solution as to what I am to do with my 180g weight which essentially, is useless to me at this point...
VPI Prime | Lyra Delos | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Moon 310LP/320S | Bryston BP-25 & 3BSST | Focal 826W Chorus V LE | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Postby Mr_Putty » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:15 am

My prime counterweight was also a bit loose so I cut some shim stock from brass and inserted it around the tonearm. You might use this as a temporary solution.
JA
Mr_Putty

Postby glide » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:03 pm

I received a weight that was too tight for my arm. VPI exchanged it without issue. I'm sure they will take care of you.
glide

Postby VinBob » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:34 pm

glide wrote:I received a weight that was too tight for my arm. VPI exchanged it without issue. I'm sure they will take care of you.

I received one that wouldn't fit (go on) at all - The 180g weight that was sent to me by my dealer was apparently designed for the Prime Signature 3D tonearm. The fix was super quick although dealers need to be aware that the current situation is not a 'one size fits all' and would need to allow customers to specify for the particular arm, so that the correct product gets shipped out...or at least something along those lines would help!

Cheers,
Vin.
VPI Prime | Lyra Delos | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Moon 310LP/320S | Bryston BP-25 & 3BSST | Focal 826W Chorus V LE | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Previous

Return to Support Forum