VPI counterweights not made to fit all VPI arms....?

Re: VPI counterweights not made to fit all VPI arms....?

Postby YoungDave » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:50 pm

put a little vinyl tape or plumbers tape on the arm and it will fit without doing any permanent physical alterations to arm or weight.

I'm sorry, but that is not a proper solution for a precision instrument. Parts should, no, MUST, fit properly. No alibis allowed...
2004 HRX, heavyweight platter, 1st gen 3d arm, Phoenix Eagle/Roadrunner, Dynavector XV-1s, Manley Steelhead, DEQX
YoungDave

Re: VPI counterweights not made to fit all VPI arms....?

Postby VinBob » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:34 pm

YoungDave wrote:
put a little vinyl tape or plumbers tape on the arm and it will fit without doing any permanent physical alterations to arm or weight.

I'm sorry, but that is not a proper solution for a precision instrument. Parts should, no, MUST, fit properly. No alibis allowed...

Couldn't agree with you more... Not sure one would see this with ClearAudio, Rega, Project etc. ~ It's unnecessarily annoying and I am still after one week waiting to hear back on a solution as to what I am to do with my 180g weight which essentially, is useless to me at this point...
VPI Prime | Lyra Delos | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Moon 310LP/320S | Bryston BP-25 & 3BSST | B&W CM8 S2 | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Previous

Return to Support Forum