How far does the Avenger motor go from the chassis?

How far does the Avenger motor go from the chassis?

Postby tony22 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:12 pm

If there's tension on the belts does it matter how far the motor pod is from the plinth/chassis?
Pass XP-20, Pass XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger (with mods), 12" Fatboy gimbal and 2nd mount, Benz SL, SS Zephyr Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Re: How far does the Avenger motor go from the chassis?

Postby Brf » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:19 am

tony22 wrote:If there's tension on the belts does it matter how far the motor pod is from the plinth/chassis?

Moderate tension is the best. Too much tension will cause premature motor bushing wear. Too less of tension causes belt creep which will affect table speed. With an Avenger, I am assuming that you are using 3 belts, therefore, you can get away with less tension than if using 1 belt.
Brf
Site Admin

Re: How far does the Avenger motor go from the chassis?

Postby tony22 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:29 am

Yes, I'm using three belts. So if I were to push on the belts midway between the pulley and the platter, about how far should they deflect?
Pass XP-20, Pass XP-15, AVA 600R, Shahinian speakers, PS Audio DMP & DS, Avenger (with mods), 12" Fatboy gimbal and 2nd mount, Benz SL, SS Zephyr Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Return to Support Forum