How far does the Avenger motor go from the chassis?

How far does the Avenger motor go from the chassis?

Postby tony22 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:12 pm

If there's tension on the belts does it matter how far the motor pod is from the plinth/chassis?
Pass XP-20, AVA 600R, Shahinian Diapasons, PS Audio DMP & DS, VPI Avenger with 12" 3DR, Benz SL and L2, SS Zephyr Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Pass XP-15, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Re: How far does the Avenger motor go from the chassis?

Postby Brf » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:19 am

tony22 wrote:If there's tension on the belts does it matter how far the motor pod is from the plinth/chassis?

Moderate tension is the best. Too much tension will cause premature motor bushing wear. Too less of tension causes belt creep which will affect table speed. With an Avenger, I am assuming that you are using 3 belts, therefore, you can get away with less tension than if using 1 belt.
Brf
Site Admin

Re: How far does the Avenger motor go from the chassis?

Postby tony22 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:29 am

Yes, I'm using three belts. So if I were to push on the belts midway between the pulley and the platter, about how far should they deflect?
Pass XP-20, AVA 600R, Shahinian Diapasons, PS Audio DMP & DS, VPI Avenger with 12" 3DR, Benz SL and L2, SS Zephyr Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Pass XP-15, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Return to Support Forum