VPI Traveler / Grado Gold not "level"

Re: VPI Traveler / Grado Gold not "level"

Postby Marc » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:43 pm

jmpatrick wrote:OK. I emailed info@vpiindustries.com days ago with no response. Is there a different support email I should be using?

Hello,

I was able to look into this for you and it looks like a reply was sent yesterday. If you still do not see the reply, please email me directly at marc@vpiindustries.com and we can take a look in how to help you out further. There are some versions that have a set screw underneath the headshell and another that would be press-fit and able to move with heat and a little bit of force.

Sincerely,
Marc
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VPI HR-X, Fatboy, & Voyager Phono| Ortofon A95| Musical Fidelity M6si | KEF LS50 in Frosted Black | AudioQuest Victoria & Rocket 88
Marc
Site Admin

Postby jmpatrick » Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:49 pm

So, I've sent my tonearm back to VPI for repair/adjustment and I have a question. Did running my "tilted" tonearm for the past three years damage the stylus on my Grado Gold? How about my records?
jmpatrick

Postby jmpatrick » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Newly-repaired tonearm re-installed on my Traveler, and WOW, what a difference! Noise floor has dropped dramatically, as has (naturally) IGD. To think that I suffered with this for almost five years. Just hoping I haven't done damage to my records.

Thanks a million to Marc for the quick turn-around. Superb customer service.

Happy Holidays, everyone.

jp
jmpatrick

Postby husafreak » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:57 pm

Good catch, even after all these years! I really doubt you have damaged your records. Obviously getting your azimuth correct has improved the quality of playback and you can hear that. You were just getting an unbalanced presentation before this. I’m not sure Records really “wear out” if you play them on a good table with a high quality needle. I suggest you spend some more time now playing with the various adjustments available with your table. It is amazing how tiny adjustments can affect the sound of your table. But, as you have heard, getting the needle snug in the groove is a beautiful thing ;)
VPI Scout 2/JMW9-3D arm/Sumiko Blackbird/VPI Periphery Ring/HRX record weight/Pheonix Falcon PSU/Timber Nation Maple Isolation Platform/Target Wall Stand/VPI HW-16.5/Ortofon 6NX-TSW-1010/Krell KSL/KSL phono/KST/XLOPro/Harbeth SHL5+
husafreak

Previous

Return to Support Forum