Dual pivot set screw

Re: Dual pivot set screw

Postby oldskooldude » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:44 pm

Ha! No females in the house for clear nail polish, but had a chigger a few years ago though. I have some Chigarid left. No inconvenience or cost except when the chigger bit me. It'll smell like camphor and eucalyptus until it dries, but similar to clear nail polish. :D
oldskooldude

Postby WntrMute » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 pm

oldskooldude wrote:Ha! No females in the house for clear nail polish, but had a chigger a few years ago though. I have some Chigarid left. No inconvenience or cost except when the chigger bit me. It'll smell like camphor and eucalyptus until it dries, but similar to clear nail polish. :D

No females in the house and no nylon fishing line?
WntrMute

Postby JimTimP » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:34 am

He's got no ladies in the house and he doesn't go fishing? OldSkoolDude must be a communist or somethin... :D :D
Teac X-2000R, Otari MX-5050 BIII-2, Yaqin MC-100B Amp, SD-32A CD, ProJect DS2 Pre, VPI Prime Sig W/Soundsmith Voice/Lyra Delos on 2 Arms, ADS, Periphery Clamp. Madisound Zaph ZRT 2.5 Speakers, Teac 2A Mixer and MB-20 Bridge, Nobsound Phone Amp,
JimTimP

Postby oldskooldude » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:01 am

Yeah, the communists have to take an oath, No Fishing and No Women. Irma did pay a visit though, she took my power for two days and finally gave it back yesterday.

On another note, I'm going to try out my theory of too much weight on the second pivot using a Dual Pivot which arrived just before Irma. I'll tell you what I find out.

I'm also trying a Tru-Lift, which will be a god-send if it works. I keep nodding out before the record ends! :oops:

Happy Listening everybody!
oldskooldude

Postby Johnny » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:02 am

oldskooldude wrote:On another note, I'm going to try out my theory of too much weight on the second pivot using a Dual Pivot which arrived just before Irma. I'll tell you what I find out.
!

What's your theory??
Johnny

Postby schugh » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:21 am

I didn't have an issue with the set screw feeling lose, however the included allen key didn't fit!
Fortunately I had one that did fit.
schugh

Postby oldskooldude » Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:45 am

Whoa! Another Irma related power outage yesterday. I feel for the people in the Houston area, SW Florida and the Keys. They will be down for months. They just got the road from Miami to Key West open yesterday.

The theory: Does adjusting Azimuth with the drop weight after installing put too much weight on the second and pivot screw-up anti-skate? And, will Chigarid (In the south that pronounced chig-a-ryid) work the same as clear nail polish?

I know the set screw is loose on mine. I did check the allen wrench, it fits.
oldskooldude

Postby oldskooldude » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Check the Prime Anti-skate Confusion thread for more exciting banter about the dual pivot and anti-skate.
oldskooldude

Postby garyalex » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:10 pm

I had the same problem with my dual pivot. I'd get it set only to find a week or so later that the screw would have moved upwards into the housing so that the point no longer protruded from the bottom. I put a little Blu-Tac on the set screw, making sure that the point wasn't covered. Problem solved.
garyalex

Previous

Return to Support Forum