Newish Prime cue lifter now sticks before working

Re: Newish Prime cue lifter now sticks before working

Postby Strat » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:35 pm

10ovr wrote:Q tip with a little thinner or WD40 on it should work,,,

Unfortunately, it only temporarily worked. Guess I'll have to find a solution that'll slip more permanently but I can definitely confirm that that is the issue.

You've already helped tremendously but am wondering if you have any suggestions as to what substance I should use to provide constant lubrication.
Strat

Postby Brf » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Strat wrote:

Unfortunately, it only temporarily worked. Guess I'll have to find a solution that'll slip more permanently but I can definitely confirm that that is the issue.

You've already helped tremendously but am wondering if you have any suggestions as to what substance I should use to provide constant lubrication.

Inside the cue lever is silicone damping fluid. It sounds like the seal that contains the silicone fluid has failed and is leaking out.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Strat » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Brf wrote:
Strat wrote:

Inside the cue lever is silicone damping fluid. It sounds like the seal that contains the silicone fluid has failed and is leaking out.

I'm sure you're right but what's the solution? From the looks of it, the little bit of silicone fluid which rests on top is causing the metal clip to temporarily stick mildly to the base which I feel whenever I use the cue lever.
Strat

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:52 pm

Strat wrote:I'm sure you're right but what's the solution? From the looks of it, the little bit of silicone fluid which rests on top is causing the metal clip to temporarily stick mildly to the base which I feel whenever I use the cue lever.

The solution to your problem is to order the Jelco replacement queing device from Audio Sensibility. Mine was leaking out the top also. The Jelco is working flawlessly.
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
Ayre Conditioned

Postby mmai » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Ayre Conditioned wrote:
Strat wrote:I'm sure you're right but what's the solution? From the looks of it, the little bit of silicone fluid which rests on top is causing the metal clip to temporarily stick mildly to the base which I feel whenever I use the cue lever.

The solution to your problem is to order the Jelco replacement queing device from Audio Sensibility. Mine was leaking out the top also. The Jelco is working flawlessly.

Even the Jelco has a similar problem -- it leaks from the bottom. However, its MTBF is much longer - Mine lasted nearly 9 years and it is working again flawlessly after I relubed it.
VPI 30th Anniversary Classic (fully tricked out), Audio Technica AT-ART9 & AT33Mono, Aesthetix Rhea
mmai

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:42 pm

mmai wrote:Even the Jelco has a similar problem -- it leaks from the bottom. However, its MTBF is much longer - Mine lasted nearly 9 years and it is working again flawlessly after I relubed it.

How did you relube it?
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
Ayre Conditioned

Postby mmai » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:04 pm

Ayre Conditioned wrote:
mmai wrote:Even the Jelco has a similar problem -- it leaks from the bottom. However, its MTBF is much longer - Mine lasted nearly 9 years and it is working again flawlessly after I relubed it.

How did you relube it?

Please see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7690
VPI 30th Anniversary Classic (fully tricked out), Audio Technica AT-ART9 & AT33Mono, Aesthetix Rhea
mmai

Postby Strat » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:05 pm

Ayre Conditioned wrote:

If you read the thread, you'll see I already have the Jelco.
Strat

Postby Strat » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:38 pm

Nobody has a suggestion? Or is the only fix to buy yet another part?
Strat

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:15 pm

Strat wrote:Nobody has a suggestion? Or is the only fix to buy yet another part?

Suggestions to resolve this were made a few posts back. You need to service the cueing device as indicated in the prior posts.

Follow this guidance
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7690#p25733
Letsmakeadeal

Previous

Return to Support Forum