Small tonearm mishap

Small tonearm mishap

Postby Jprod » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:52 am

Hello. Last night as I was taking off my dustcover I knocked the tonearm off the unipivot. Fortunately the stylus guard was on. This was my first minor oops with my new turntable. Didn't see any obvious problems. Anything I need to check for or readjust? Thanks for allaying my OCD concerns
VPI Prime, Graham slee accession phono amp, parasound p5 preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters
Jprod

Re: Small tonearm mishap

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:57 am

I would say just to make sure you get the tonearm seated correctly on the pivot. Sometimes you have to hold your mouth just right to get it back on there correctly.
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
Ayre Conditioned

Postby JimTimP » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:50 pm

Also check the VTF. The weight may have gotten knocked as well. Also, if not using the 2nd pivot you may need to check azimuth.
Teac X-2000R, Otari MX-5050 BIII-2, Yaqin MC-100B Amp, SD-32A CD, ProJect DS2 Pre, VPI Prime Sig W/Soundsmith Voice/Lyra Delos on 2 Arms, ADS, Periphery Clamp. Madisound Zaph ZRT 2.5 Speakers, Teac 2A Mixer and MB-20 Bridge, Nobsound Phone Amp,
JimTimP

Postby Jprod » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:38 pm

Thanks. Will do tonight. Moral of the story - never screw around with your turntable at night when you are tired
VPI Prime, Graham slee accession phono amp, parasound p5 preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters
Jprod

Postby Dorian » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Jprod wrote:Thanks. Will do tonight. Moral of the story - never screw around with your turntable at night when you are tired

Or drunk
VPI Prime | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Parasound Halo JC3+ | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Postby Jprod » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Dorian wrote:
Jprod wrote:Thanks. Will do tonight. Moral of the story - never screw around with your turntable at night when you are tired

Or drunk

Drunk?! I can barely get my sonos to play when I'm drunk let alone a turntable
Jprod

Postby Pilrem » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:49 pm

I imposed the 2 Scotch or 3 IPA limit on myself
VPI Aries 3 / ARC PH8 / ARC LS27 / Musical Fidelity M6prx / Rega Saturn / Oppo Sonica DAC / B&W 803s / REL R528se / PS Audio / Audioquest / VPI HW 16.5 / Lyra Delos
Pilrem

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:56 pm

Ha ha yes that sounds about right.
VPI Prime | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Parasound Halo JC3+ | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Postby Stringreen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:15 am

I have a 3D....I have to be absolutely positive the spike is inserted into the proper receptacle. It is so easy to think that the arm is proper, but it isn't. Make sure that without the 2nd pivot in place, that the arm can freely wobble. I wish there was a better way.
Stringreen

Postby Jprod » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Thanks - all is good.
Jprod

Return to Support Forum