USA Cueing Device Drops Fast

Re: USA Cueing Device Drops Fast

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:48 pm

Johnny wrote:Let's address the elephant in the room. What is VPI response to owners with a defective cue? Will a replacement be provided and what conditions must be satisfied? Does one go through their Dealer, or work with VPI directly? Do I need to return my defective cue before a replacement will be provided?

Mine never worked right on my new Prime Signature right out of the box. It looks like there is oil leaking out of the top of it. I decided not to deal with VPI and I ordered a Jelco replacement from Audio Sensibility.
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
Ayre Conditioned

Postby Jprod » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:27 pm

Well I tried to loosen the hex screw a hair and the whole cueing mechanism dropped down in the arm board. So from that experiment I concluded that i did not over tighten the hex screw. It still seems to "stick"
I have one other question- how high should the cueing mechanism ideally be in the base ?
VPI Prime with ortofon 2m black, Graham slee accession phono amp, Wyred4sound STP-SE preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters, audio sensibility signature cables
Jprod

Postby rrvillan » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:39 pm

I've been having the same problem (dropping at level speed) on my new prime scout. But after loosing the set screw just a touch it seems to be working normally now. Keeping fingers crossed.
rrvillan

Postby Gary1955 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:12 am

I also had similar problems with the Jelco cuing lever on my Super Scoutmaster. It's surprising that someone can't make a properly functioning and reliable cuing lever assembly in this day and age...
VPI HR-X rim drive w/magnetic drive platter, 3D Ref. 12" tonearm, Lyra Titan-i cartridge, Graham Slee Reflex M & Elevator, tri-amped horn system w/electronic crossover.
Gary1955

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:41 pm

The new Jelco cueing device seems to be working flawlessly so far. Here's a pic of the original. You can plainly see the fluid on top.
Attachments
IMG_1112.jpg
IMG_1112.jpg (65.51 KiB) Viewed 451 times
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
Ayre Conditioned

Postby atsmusic » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:54 pm

I am on my third Que from VPi and this one worked for like the first 4 or 5 lifts then stopped working. I would love to have one that drops at all. All mine I have had to manually push them because they don't go down. Don't believe the guy from VPI that says they are all working now. I JUST got this replacement and it is not working. Why should I have to buy a que from a 3rd party because the one I got with my 2K table doesn't work. I spent enough money already.
atsmusic

Postby kleinbje » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:52 pm

I just ordered number 3. I got my original with the classic 3, then that started dropping super fast, bought a usa model from someone on the forum, but that one was a dud. Just ordered the Jelco.
kleinbje

Postby Jprod » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:17 pm

kleinbje wrote:I just ordered number 3. I got my original with the classic 3, then that started dropping super fast, bought a usa model from someone on the forum, but that one was a dud. Just ordered the Jelco.

Well that’s annoying to say the least. If you do not want to order the jelco try one of these two “tricks”
1. When you are done with a listening session leave the arm on the cue mechanism in the down position
Or
2. Don’t push the cue arm all the way back but not too far forward that it starts to drop automatically
VPI Prime with ortofon 2m black, Graham slee accession phono amp, Wyred4sound STP-SE preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters, audio sensibility signature cables
Jprod

Postby 10ovr » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:38 pm

atsmusic wrote:I am on my third Que from VPi and this one worked for like the first 4 or 5 lifts then stopped working. I would love to have one that drops at all. All mine I have had to manually push them because they don't go down. Don't believe the guy from VPI that says they are all working now. I JUST got this replacement and it is not working. Why should I have to buy a que from a 3rd party because the one I got with my 2K table doesn't work. I spent enough money already.

I just spent a lot more then 2K on a 12" 3DR and base and the first thing I did was put a Jelco lift on it,,,,I just think of it as a performance upgrade ,Yes it sucks the VPI lifts are crap but they don't seem to think so,,, but what else can you do,,, It's like beating a dead horse :roll:
10ovr

Previous

Return to Support Forum