USA Cueing Device Drops Fast

USA Cueing Device Drops Fast

Postby cbl117 » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:44 pm

My USA cueing device lowers my arm at the rate of me lowering the lever. i.e. drops as fast as I drop the lever. Is this normal?
cbl117

Re: USA Cueing Device Drops Fast

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:27 pm

There are more than a few threads on this topic here. Some drop to fast, some drop to slow, or not at all. The new cueing device isn't great...Search the forums and you will find a number of discussions with advice and options not the least of which is to purchase a new Jelco Cueing device...Good Luck

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9372
There are other discussions as well
Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI HRX Reference (MagDrive/RimDrive), 12" 3DR tonearms, Miyajima Kansui & ZERO, VPI ADS, Vendetta SCP-1
Letsmakeadeal

Postby 10ovr » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:36 pm

I replaced both on my Prime and my Aries with the Jelco ,Works great ,,,or you can get another one from VPI,,Good luck with that :lol:
10ovr

Postby Jprod » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:19 am

Look the bright side. At least your device drops. Mine hovers above the record when it has not been used for a few hours
VPI Prime, Graham slee accession phono amp, parasound p5 preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters
Jprod

Postby Guss2 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:46 am

While I like the smaller lifter arm, I'm not crazy about the actual mechanism. When I start a listening session the first drop is nice and leisurely, about 3 seconds. Every drop thereafter is breakneck speed, kind of annoying.
Guss2

Postby Gary1955 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:37 pm

The cuing lever on my HR-X table is the only thing that has not worked right since I got it new several months ago- drops down too fast. How slow or fast you move the lever determines how slowly or quickly it drops. I sent an email to VPI requesting a replacement and have not heard back from them yet. Their cuing device is the weak link in their tables IMO. Wish they would get a better working design. Everything else otherwise functions very well. Had the same problem with my Super Scoutmaster.
VPI HR-X rim drive w/magnetic drive platter, 3D Ref. 12" tonearm, Lyra Titan-i cartridge, Graham Slee Reflex M & Elevator, tri-amped horn system w/electronic crossover.
Gary1955

Postby Ayre Conditioned » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:44 pm

10ovr wrote:I replaced both on my Prime and my Aries with the Jelco ,Works great ,,,or you can get another one from VPI,,Good luck with that :lol:

The one on my Prime Signature is acting up. Where did you get your Jelco cueing devices?
Prime Signature•Eagle PSU and Tach•Soundsmith Sussurro MkII
Ayre Conditioned

Postby Jprod » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Ayre Conditioned wrote:
10ovr wrote:I replaced both on my Prime and my Aries with the Jelco ,Works great ,,,or you can get another one from VPI,,Good luck with that :lol:

The one on my Prime Signature is acting up. Where did you get your Jelco cueing devices?

Audio sensibility carries them
http://audiosensibility.com/blog/access ... ry=3461663
VPI Prime, Graham slee accession phono amp, parasound p5 preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters
Jprod

Postby 10ovr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:08 pm

Ayre Conditioned wrote:

Ebay Shipped from the UK ,,,
10ovr

Postby Dorian » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:50 pm

Jprod wrote:Audio sensibility carries them
http://audiosensibility.com/blog/access ... ry=3461663

That looks identical to the one on my Prime. Did VPI use Jelcos before switching to the current, problematic lift?
VPI Prime | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Parasound Halo JC3+ | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Next

Return to Support Forum