Custom Tru-Lift ... To the Rescue ('tables with 9" arms)

Re: Custom Tru-Lift ... To the Rescue ('tables with 9" arms)

Postby edw » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:48 am

That's exactly why I had a Q-up and went to the custom Tru-Lift once I got the ring. Most times, I will be listening at the couch and can lift the arm when needed. But other times, we're having dinner, reading, computing, step out for a few minutes, etc., and may forget the LP has reached the end of the side for a while. This definitely takes care of that worry.

FWIW, the 20x2L has a height spec of 18mm from diamond tip to the top of the cart.

One possible fix/update I thought about - I think the lift bar/lift bar shaft/piston assembly screws into the top cover of the base, which is then secured by the small allen bolt on the side of the base. Perhaps there could be enough threads there so that the entire assembly could be raised or lowered within the base (in your case 5mm), with the top cover of the base still being able to raise/lower a bit like it does already as secured by that small allen bolt.
edw

Postby Robes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi All

I just read this thread as well as any others on the Tru Lift. Now I'm sitting hear not sure of what I read specifically. I just bought a VPI Prime yesterday from Seth at SSD for an unbelievable price that included the dual pivot kit, Tru-Lift & KAB Speedstrobe, and he threw in an Ortofon Red so I had something before finding a cart.

Anyway, before he sends it out this week I started thinking, he's giving me or I asked for, the Tru- Lift for the Prime (obviously). Yet, down the road I think I may pick up the "periphery ring" for the platter. Of course, I know that was addressed in this very thread and/or others but not knowing for sure exactly which VPI model was specifically being addressed, if that mattered, I don't know. I know it can be placed on the "Arm Board" and it works great, but is that specifically in regard to a VPI Prime & dual pivot setup with the periphery ring?

I thought there were a couple heights available for the Tru-Lift, not sure what I'm getting for simply ordering it for a Prime and no mention that I will use with a"ring" latter. Do I need to change this order or will the Tru-Lift for the Prime (that I ordered, which is built to work mounted on the plinth) work on the arm board as well as the plinth?

Thanks-
Robes :mrgreen:
Robes

Postby madrac » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Tru lift comes in a couple of different heights, and as an adjustable kit (see below).

I'd check with Seth as to which one he's including, and if you are planning to add the ring at some point, it may change which TruLift is needed.

http://www.integrityhifi.ca/apps/webstore/
madrac

Postby edw » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:13 pm

My post was really for those with a 9" arm on a Scout, as there is not much room to add a periphery ring and lift for that setup. Given that your Prime has a 10" arm and a lot more space to add the periphery ring and lift, you need not worry.
edw

Postby Robes » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Thanks madrac & edw for those replies. I'll just go with it then, besides Seth mentioned I could return any of it if something wasn't right-
Robes :mrgreen:
Robes

Postby husafreak » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:32 am

Note that while you will have a lot more room to place your Tru lift on the Prime the actual working height of the Tru lift is pretty limited in terms of adjustability. SSD should know what height you need or take responsibility for that parameter. I bought not really realizing this and even though I have the same table and arm as the OP I had to modify my Tru lift to get it to work. Just due to the difference in the height of our cartridges and platter mats. I love how well it works but note that it's use is not optional! I forgot to set it prior to play a few times and when you hear your record skipping because the arm is hitting the raised lift it is going to make you jump.
VPI Scout 2/Sumiko Blackbird/VPI Periphery Ring/Pheonix Falcon PSU/Timber Nation Maple Isolation Platform/Target Wall Stand/VPI HW-16.5/Ortofon 6NX-TSW-1010/Krell KSL/KSL phono/KST/XLOPro/Harbeth SHL5+
husafreak

Postby Robes » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:06 pm

Thanks husafreak .... :mrgreen:
Robes

Previous

Return to Support Forum