Prime's tonearm finger lift change

Prime's tonearm finger lift change

Postby jorsan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:50 pm

Hi,
Just received my new PRIME and found that the integral arm lift has been changed for a stainless steel metal one, same as the one that have to be installed in the SME series V arms. Is this because the issue with the integrity of the previus models?
jorsan

Re: Prime's tonearm finger lift change

Postby Brf » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:55 pm

There were issues with the integrated lifter being broken off during shipping. The current 3D lifter is a much better design
Brf
Site Admin

Postby jorsan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:11 pm

good to know. I read about those issues but I didn't know this was final solution.
jorsan

Postby jorsan » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:30 pm

Other change that I found in the box is the use of the stainless steel HRX record weight (but no rubber washer) instead of the threaded delrin/stainless ... is this a new update also?
jorsan

Postby Marc » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:42 am

jorsan wrote:Other change that I found in the box is the use of the stainless steel HRX record weight (but no rubber washer) instead of the threaded delrin/stainless ... is this a new update also?

This is a free upgrade we were offering. It does not come with the rubber washer since you would not need it with the HR-X Center Weight.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
VPI Aries 3D| Ortofon Quintet Black| Musical Fidelity M6si | KEF LS50 in Frosted Black | AudioQuest Victoria & Rocket 88
Marc
Site Admin

Postby Jamesgab » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:31 pm

My Prime did not include instructions for the metal lift. Do you need washers under the lift?
Jamesgab

Postby Marc » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:19 pm

Jamesgab wrote:My Prime did not include instructions for the metal lift. Do you need washers under the lift?

The metal lift it self would be used in place of the washers
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
VPI Aries 3D| Ortofon Quintet Black| Musical Fidelity M6si | KEF LS50 in Frosted Black | AudioQuest Victoria & Rocket 88
Marc
Site Admin

Return to Support Forum