Static Discharge from Prime

Re: Static Discharge from Prime

Postby Orchids1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:41 am

I do. I missed reference to it in your first post (I guess twice), and misunderstood your second. Good luck with the second ground.
Avenger (w/mods), SS Paua, Phoenix Eagle psu + tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre1G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac; Amazon Echo
Orchids1

Postby WntrMute » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:44 am

Bill Stevenson wrote:"... I'd consider the phono preamp as the possible source.

You do understand that the KAB SL1200 is a turntable?[/quote]

Ouch :shock:
WntrMute

Postby Orchids1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:46 am

Yes. It's a little snarky, given that I was trying to help. Missed reference to it in one post, and thought he was referring to the guys who make PSUs, etc. in the second.
Avenger (w/mods), SS Paua, Phoenix Eagle psu + tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre1G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac; Amazon Echo
Orchids1

Postby WntrMute » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:20 am

Bill Stevenson wrote:You do understand that the KAB SL1200 is a turntable?

Actually, it was THIS comment I found snarky!
WntrMute

Postby Bill Stevenson » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:24 am

I apologize, did not intend to be snarky, but see your point.
Bill Stevenson

Postby Orchids1 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:49 pm

WntrMute, So did I.

Bill, Apology accepted.
Orchids1

Postby Demerara » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:21 pm

Does it pop on multiple records?

What mat is on the Prime? If it is a neoprene mat, try removing it.

Have you tried reinserting the Lemo connector?

Previous advice to ground from bearing well under the table to the CJ ground screw is worthwhile. Have you checked to make sure there is no inadvertent contact from the ground wire with the RCA jacks on the Prime?
Demerara

Postby Bill Stevenson » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:09 pm

Demerara wrote:Does it pop on multiple records?"

Answer: It is popping today when I lift the arm at the end of playing a side. It does this on all records.

"What mat is on the Prime? If it is a neoprene mat, try removing it."

Answer: No mat

"Have you tried reinserting the Lemo connector?"

Answer: Yes

"Previous advice to ground from bearing well under the table to the CJ ground screw is worthwhile. Have you checked to make sure there is no inadvertent contact from the ground wire with the RCA jacks on the Prime?

Grounded today, popping still. Ground wire is not touching the RCA jacks. The new ground wire is attached with an alligator clip to a wall power outlet cover plate screw so I don't know if I have a good ground to true earth. Accessing a water pipe is not easy but possible and I will try that next unless someone here can suggest a better alternative.

Thanks to all who have offered help.

Bill
Bill Stevenson

Postby 10ovr » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:47 pm

I ground my spindle nut to the phono pre amp ground and it stopped the same problem you have or you can remove the wall plug cover and go stright to the copper wire ground,,Just a thought
10ovr

Postby Bill Stevenson » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:24 am

10ovr wrote:I ground my spindle nut to the phono pre amp ground and it stopped the same problem you have or you can remove the wall plug cover and go stright to the copper wire ground,,Just a thought

That is a good thought. Thanks. Do you use a periphery ring? The reason for asking is that my problem may coincide with a recently added periphery ring and stainless steel is a poor conductor.
Bill Stevenson

PreviousNext

Return to Support Forum