Prime - vibration isolator questions?

Prime - vibration isolator questions?

Postby edw » Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:30 pm

What is the best way to remove the rubber isolators that are threaded inside of the 4 feet?

Also, am I correct that the isolators are 1" in diameter, have 1/2" length threaded bolts (1/4-20 thread) on both sides, and the rubber isolator itself is 3/4" thick? Thanks.
edw

Re: Prime - vibration isolator questions?

Postby madrac » Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:54 am

If assembled like the classic feet, I recall just unscrewing the rubber isolators from the feet (removed from plinth) when installing the Symposium inserts.

No info on dimensions of prime isolator
Classic 1 w/3D arm, VTA tower,periphery ring,PE Eagle & RR, HW16.5, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook,
Anthem MRX720, Rogue Atlas Magnum II, Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Rythmik E15HP,
Audio Sensibility, Blue Jeans ICs, Symposium & Isoacoustics
madrac

Postby Brf » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:00 am

To remove, they simply unscrew. They’re required to attached the feet to the plinth, therefore, if you remove them, something will be needed in their place, like the Symposium inserts. https://www.symposiumusa.com/ClassicInserts.html
Brf
Site Admin

Postby edw » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:38 am

Brf wrote:To remove, they simply unscrew. They’re required to attached the feet to the plinth, therefore, if you remove them, something will be needed in their place, like the Symposium inserts. https://www.symposiumusa.com/ClassicInserts.html

Thanks. I do have something in mind (that worked on the Scout2) as a replacement. 8-)
Will see how it turns out.
edw

Postby edw » Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:07 pm

Sucess! HW40 feet iinstalled.

20200125_164531.jpg
20200125_164531.jpg (2.88 MiB) Viewed 1419 times
edw

Postby Brf » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:53 pm

edw wrote:Sucess! HW40 feet iinstalled.

20200125_164531.jpg

Nice, if they perform as good as they look you got a winner.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Dorian » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:02 am

Do you notice any audible improvement EDW?
VPI Prime & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF Reference 1 | SOTA Condor & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby edw » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:35 pm

Brf wrote:Nice, if they perform as good as they look you got a winner.

Dorian wrote:Do you notice any audible improvement EDW?

The HW40 feet were incredible on the Scout 2. I could perform Mat's bottle test where you slam a bottle repeatedly on the platform where the TT while playing and the TT would not affect the table at all. I will try to replicate this on the Prime but still looking at the proper inserts. Ideally, I would like to use one insert instead of the 2 that I am using current (this is because the Scout has the threads from the mounts pointing down from the top of the feet while the Prime as the threads from the mount pointing up from the bottom of the feet).
edw

Postby Brf » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:51 am

edw wrote:
Brf wrote:Nice, if they perform as good as they look you got a winner.

Dorian wrote:Do you notice any audible improvement EDW?

The HW40 feet were incredible on the Scout 2. I could perform Mat's bottle test where you slam a bottle repeatedly on the platform where the TT while playing and the TT would not affect the table at all. I will try to replicate this on the Prime but still looking at the proper inserts. Ideally, I would like to use one insert instead of the 2 that I am using current (this is because the Scout has the threads from the mounts pointing down from the top of the feet while the Prime as the threads from the mount pointing up from the bottom of the feet).

Why not purchase a shock mount with a female insert on one end and a male on the other?
Attachments
Shock mount.jpg
Shock mount.jpg (27.47 KiB) Viewed 1245 times
Brf
Site Admin

Postby edw » Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:06 pm

Brf wrote:Why not purchase a shock mount with a female insert on one end and a male on the other?

That is what I did but there are a few different lengths, materials, and specs, which I am trying out.
edw

Next

Return to Support Forum