Dust Cover won't fit with Solid Steel rack - PrimeSig

Dust Cover won't fit with Solid Steel rack - PrimeSig

Postby mgrenwic » Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:50 pm

So I bought the Solid Steel S3-4 shelving system.
The system can accommodate the Prime Signature but not a dust cover, its both
too wide in both width and depth.
What are my options?
How can I dust off the table?
I was thinking a fine paint brush or something.

Really bummed out that its not a fit.
mgrenwic

Re: Dust Cover won't fit with Solid Steel rack - PrimeSig

Postby 10ovr » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:31 pm

How about some Pix ,,With out seeing it ,,,maybe a nice 3'' thick Maple Block on top that your dust cover well work with would do the trick,,Just a thought
10ovr

Re: Dust Cover won't fit with Solid Steel rack - PrimeSig

Postby Orchids1 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:02 am

A dust cover is not necessary to protect your table. Many high-end table manufacturers, including VPI, do not use them. The stylus and platter surface are the only parts of a table that need to be protected from dust. In all events, even if you use a dust cover, your stylus should be cleaned regularly. If you don’t use a cover, the surface of your platter should be covered so that it does not accumulate dust that is then transferred to a record. I use a translucent DJ record, similar to those that VPI displays on its tables, to protect my platter. I use compressed air (so does VPI) and a soft makeup brush to remove dust from the rest of the table other than the cartridge, which can be damaged by a blast of compressed air. Rich
Avenger (w/mods)+SS Paua, Phoenix Eagle psu/tach, Sutherland 20/20, Audionet Pre1G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cbl; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac; dedic. 20A circuits.
Orchids1

Return to Support Forum