Instruction Manuals mess?

Re: Instruction Manuals mess?

Postby spinit » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:28 pm

Votan wrote:Dear spinit,
Believe me; I am very fastidious in what I post here. I assure you that until Monday, June 24, 2019 time 12:24 PM that I posted my 2nd post on this topic, I had repeatedly checked the site of VPI at this very point (Prime Scout manual) following exactly the route you describe and it was as I describe it in my original post, namely it opened to “VPI Prime Signature Manual (!!!), but inside it spoke for Prime, in fourth page of which it recommended:”The platter is lubed with PTFE grease and needs nothing for at least two years”.

I did not deny that you saw the wrong manual on the June 4th or the 24th. I did state that I saw the correct manual on June 4th. I was pointing out that we were getting different results. Your reply suggests that seeing different results back on the 4th was impossible and only after the 24th could I have seen the correct manual. In other words, you are calling me a liar. for stating that I saw the correct manual back on the 4th. To which I take offense.

[quote="Votan"]Obviously they corrected it after my 2nd post silently .../quote]

This is not necessarily true. Clearly we were seeing different results on June 4th. Seeing the correct manual now doesn't prove that the issue has been addressed.

I provided the links for troubling shooting purposes. It was a means to check if they led to the correct or incorrect manuals. A written path of keystrokes does no guarantee that it will lead to the same web page. Hypothetically, you may have been seeing a beta version of their website on a one server while i was seeing the final version on a different server. Perhaps there are other explanations as to why we were ending up on different web pages.

The points are that things may not be fixed and for the best outcome, should you have future issues with any companies web site, contact the company directly and not through a forum.
spinit

Postby Votan » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:57 pm

First of all this is not "a forum". This is VPI's official forum, which it is regularly monitored by the company's responsible staff, which we often see intervening on time and responding and clarifying or correcting various issues posted by forum members. An official reply to my original post of June 4th, that the manual has already been corrected and that I probably am wrong somewhere with my browser/server or whatever, would be enough to avoid this whole debate.
In any case if some manuals been officially corrected or updated, this is an issue of interest and update to all VPI customers and not one of private correspondence.
As for the "gremlins" which according to you are living in our units (three different browsers with three different laptops and 1 cellphone), that for more than 20 days led us unceasingly to a wrong beta version website, instead to the already existing updated valid one, though after your first post of 25th, they (gremlins) suddenly leed us continuously to the corrected one, though we followed the exact same route as before, all I can do (because I hate conspiracy theories) is to call an exorcist...
Sorry, but enough have said, I have nothing else to add on this.
Prime Signature/10"3DR/Finite Element(FE) platform/ADS/Lyra Titan/VPI Ring/WW Silver Eclipse 8 Phono Cable/Groove+ SRX MkII Phono Stage/Moon 740 Pre/Moon 820 PSU/ATC 100 Active Speakers/AQ Niagara IC/WW Silver Electra A/C,FE Ref Rack/RPG Room Treatm.
Votan

Postby jonathanb » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:36 pm

Votan wrote:First of all this is not "a forum". This is VPI's official forum, which it is regularly monitored by the company's responsible staff, which we often see intervening on time and responding and clarifying or correcting various issues posted by forum members..

The company's customer service staff is basically brand new and have many other responsibilities beyond monitoring this forum. If one has any kind of issue with the company's product, it is always better to communicate with them directly. Emails to customer service will receive more timely responses than posts on this forum.
Prime Signature #9 | 10" 3DR/VdH RG-8 | 10" 3DR/Transfiguration Phoenix S | 10" 3D/VAS Nova Mono | Aurorasound ViDA | Gryphon XT MC | Gryphon M100 (x2) | Evolution Acoustics MicroOne | Morrow and Gryphon cables
jonathanb

Postby spinit » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:31 am

Votan, I am new to the forum and was unaware that you are all knowing in all things.

If you could not see the correct manuals prior to the 25th it must have been impossible for me to see something different three weeks earlier. Clearly, I was either hallucinating or lying.

It was wrong of me to suggest that deleting a browser history and clearing the cache might make a difference. I would have sworn that I had come across that suggestion several times when dealing with issues on other web sites in the past. Again, I must have been hallucinating then or lying now.

Excuse me for even considering that a company would pay more attention their email than the forum they host. Yes, I was aware that VPI provides and monitors this forum. I mistakenly thought that its primary purpose was to create a place where owners of their products could exchange ideas and experiences.

It is helpful to learn that it is improper to address a company issue through the company’s email and then pass on whatever occurs to their hosted forum should I consider it of general interest.

I was unaware that a web site can only exist on a single server. (For clarity, I am not suggesting that all web sites in the entire world are on a single server).

I am grateful for the knowledge that all web sites are compatible with all browsers and all operating systems.

It is a relief to learn that there are no such things as gremlins, but I do find it disturbing that if I ever came across a confirmed discrepancy on the internet that it must be the result of a conspiracy and not a simple case of human error or oversight.

I humbly prostrate myself before you. Let it be known to the community as a whole that my ignorance knows no depths, that I frequently suffer from hallucinations and that I am a compulsive liar.
spinit

Postby MJB » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:51 am

I posted elsewhere a while back about my disappointment with VPI's documentation or lack thereof. Products must have good documentation: unpacking; setup; troubleshooting; and, maintenance. Unfortunately, not always the case when it comes to high end audio.

PS - This forum and the folks that participate in it are a tremendous resource and help make up for the lack of documentation - thank you!
MJB

Postby Votan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:17 pm

jonathanb wrote:The company's customer service staff is basically brand new and have many other responsibilities beyond monitoring this forum. If one has any kind of issue with the company's product, it is always better to communicate with them directly. Emails to customer service will receive more timely responses than posts on this forum.

Dear jonathanb
Thanks for the advice, which I sincerely assure you I have been following since too long. But I have the feeling that when some issues are put as topics through the official forum (and I mean it: ONLY benevoled) there is a greater plurality of opinions and even (more or less) documented disagreements, not to mention that each member puts through it's long term experience, which undoubtedly all of them are very valuable to everyone of us, but also to the company.
Furthermore, this way we dig much deeper to each issue of every topic and in the end everybody draws its conclusion, much better and versatility updated.
Not to say that in this way there is a valuable feedback for the company, which could also use the conclusions or ideas of some topics to enrich the relevant manuals and even more, to embody some of them on some future upgrades to their units.
In any case, if you go to the VPIforum>Board Index>Support Forum, you could see that the 90% of the topics fall under what you suggest that is better not posted as topics to the forum, but on the contrary should have been the subject of private correspondence between each one of us and the company.
Really, which of the two do you think is most interesting and useful to ALL?
Michael V
Prime Signature/10"3DR/Finite Element(FE) platform/ADS/Lyra Titan/VPI Ring/WW Silver Eclipse 8 Phono Cable/Groove+ SRX MkII Phono Stage/Moon 740 Pre/Moon 820 PSU/ATC 100 Active Speakers/AQ Niagara IC/WW Silver Electra A/C,FE Ref Rack/RPG Room Treatm.
Votan

Previous

Return to Support Forum