Phoenix Eagle causes vibration w/ 300 RPM motor

Re: Phoenix Eagle causes vibration w/ 300 RPM motor

Postby louie3 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:17 am

what's interesting to me is how much quieter a properly running Lenco motor is than the Hurst.

VPI solves the vibration problem by not allowing the motor pod to touch the plinth, anywhere.

One of the reasons the SAMA made such a difference in my old HW 19 3/4.

The "custom" plinth I have (a Radgear) has the motor pod sitting on the bottom plate of the plinth....any vibration from the motor goes straight to the bearing and even the tonearm.

A simple solution is to correct this design error....cut the plinth and have the motor pod a stand-alone.

But there may well be something in the circuitry of the Eagle that causes the Hurst to vibrate more.

Its all very interesting.
Attachments
1594619-vpi-based-custom-made-turntable-a-true-work-of-art-with-sonics-to-match-must-see.jpg
1594619-vpi-based-custom-made-turntable-a-true-work-of-art-with-sonics-to-match-must-see.jpg (136.82 KiB) Viewed 488 times
louie3

Re: Phoenix Eagle causes vibration w/ 300 RPM motor

Postby Mel » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:20 am

Sorry to be late here. But to answer your original question, I use an Eagle/RR with a 300 RPM motor and it is vibration free and dead silent.
Orig. TNT w/Acrylic-lead Platter, Mk V Bearing w/A-F Sapphire upgrade, SM Flywheel, Ball Susp., Eagle & RR, TTW 2.4 lb Ringweight, HW-1 Center weight
JMW 12" Arm with 3D Arm Wand and Dual Pivot w/ruby ballpoint, AT Art-9
Fosgate Sig. Phono Pre
Mel

Previous

Return to Support Forum