Very bad customer service

Re: Very bad customer service

Postby SeanFX » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:24 pm

I was very to sad to see the FB post taken down, as it truly humbled me as person and a professional.

You, like everyone else should speak there mind. I apologized on FB, but would like to do so here as well. This is how much I value the experience.

I am deeply sorry for the poor customer service on my end, not to mention you had been waiting for a response since Friday. I learned after you matter was time sensitive and myself saying, "i'll respond as soon as I can," was not what was needed. I seriously do hope I get the opportunity to make it right and give you the world class service the VPI team is known for.

I would also like to thank you for getting me to stop, think and reflect on the bigger picture. We are all people and we are all on the forum for two things, the music and the gear. Next round you have my promise of a better answer, a better experience and a highly improved turnaround time.

Thank you again for your honest feedback. Please note that you have made me a better person, who will continue to improve because of this matter.

Sincerely,

Sean

Donahewj wrote:I’d like to reiterate that this problem was solved in a manner above and beyond the service I’d expect from any company. In hindsight I may have been hasty to post this and angry at whoever was answering my calls. The person answering the phone SEEMED to me the have a superior attitude and relishing a position of being able to say no. He may have been doing his best to follow the rules implemented by vpi to ensure standards. But to me who does not know his situation I was taken aback by his attitude and the fact that twice he took the phone afte someone else had answered when I had no interest in talking to him again.
I also needed something done at the last minute and I’m unaware of what is going on at vpi. There is times in my work I can stop what I’m doing to attend to something immediately but this is usually not the case.
And yes dealers should help w these issues. There is a reason most companies use the distributor/dealer network And yes it is hard for a small company to have an employee designated for specific customer assistance jobs. On the other hand I would never expect to call Rega and get Roy Gandy or a box shipped directly. But I have called analysis plus and talked w mark about the cable and rogue and talked to mark O’Brien who is happy to do alterations or customize things to work better w someone set up. That being said this is generally accomplished through the dealer network.
It is also a mistake by me to buy something over the internet. That inherently restricts the dealer/customer relationship. I would always prefer to support local brick and mortar shops. In today’s retail market it is not possible to compete w out selling your product on the internet AND it enables people like me who could not afford this table if it was not for the deals to be found by shopping this way. I spend a large portion of my income on records and Hi-Fi a table like the prime w a fatboy and ADS represents a large portion of my average salary and so while I may know that and think it entitles me to good customer service the guy answering the phone doesn’t and the fact that Matt DID CALL ME BACK AND DID SOLVE THIS SITUATION IMMEDIATELY W OUT ANY ISSUE when I am sure there is other customers who have spend a great deal more on vpi products is a testament to the way he is running the business and his care and support for any customer.
This was the second time I’ve spoken w Matt and both times he made me feel real good about being a vpi customer and each time he personally solved the problem I was having. Once on Christmas Eve. This is more than I would expect from anyone to be worried about customer service when no one else is even working.
I’m not even sure if people read these posts before they reply. I was very upset w the way my call was being handled. I’d like to think I could keep a more level head. But I wrote the post cause I felt I was being shut down and had no other Avenue available. Once Matt called me and I GOT A BOX IMMEDIATELY I tried to explain that in a follow up post but I could see people kept writing responses of how I should get the box. Some were thoughtful and genuine some just a way to vent frustrations. But mostly all came after I posted the this issue was resolved.
SeanFX

Postby vienna acoustics » Sun Mar 08, 2020 3:30 am

ordinarycustomer wrote:A quote from the OP - "The person answering the phone SEEMED to me the have a superior attitude and relishing a position of being able to say no. He may have been doing his best to follow the rules implemented by vpi to ensure standards. But to me who does not know his situation I was taken aback by his attitude and the fact that twice he took the phone afte someone else had answered when I had no interest in talking to him again."

1.5 years later, I had the SAME EXACT EXPERIENCE yesterday. The person that showed this attitude was apparently the Brand ambassador of VPI. When I posted my experience on the "I love VPI group", I was immediately bashed by everyone and the admin removed me from the group. Whats a free country when you are not able to express your own views and how you felt? In that exact moment, I felt the "fan boy" comment posted above was quite appropriate. Half of the people didn't even read my post, they just started going at me! Some people felt, my comments were abrasive while no one felt the comments that were directed at me was abrasive too.

VPI scoutmaster is my first real turntable and I was quite excited and also about the group. All my enthusiasm has now died down after my experience with customer service yesterday and I'm not sure if I'll have the same mojo again. Matt did apologize after the whole thing happened but the damage was done. Not that I crave the approval of the group, but to all of them I am just an a-hole who doesn't play the "VPI is awesome" bandwagon.

Hi, I had exactly the same experience with you. Faced multiple problems with my Avenger Reference I had tried to keep them out of publicity trying to get assistance under warranty from VPI. All of my attempts for many months had remained unanswered. I had turned to Harry who was the only one to revert back, until the moment he had advised that he is retired. I went in public writing for the issues and besides the attacks, I was banned too from the Facebook VPI group and was threatened that I would be banned here too. Many months after and have received absolutely zero support.
!
vienna acoustics

Postby leftside » Mon Mar 09, 2020 5:26 pm

ordinarycustomer wrote: When I posted my experience on the "I love VPI group"

You're only allowed to post pictures of your favorite album covers on there.
TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator GA, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 * 2 60th Anniv, Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-4
leftside

Previous

Return to Support Forum