Need a Magnet for my Roadrunner

Re: Need a Magnet for my Roadrunner

Postby Brf » Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:43 pm

madrac wrote:VinBob

I do not know for sure if they have adhesive. My guess is they are the same magnets that Bill/PE supplied with the tach. Could always ask the seller on Ebay.

I'd have to look into adhesive options if the magnets don't already have.. perhaps some sort of epoxy would work.

R

I would use simple rubber contact cement or double sided tape just in case you need to remove it in the future.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby VinBob » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Brf wrote:
madrac wrote:VinBob

I do not know for sure if they have adhesive. My guess is they are the same magnets that Bill/PE supplied with the tach. Could always ask the seller on Ebay.

I'd have to look into adhesive options if the magnets don't already have.. perhaps some sort of epoxy would work.

R

I would use simple rubber contact cement or double sided tape just in case you need to remove it in the future.

Genius! :) - Why didn't I think of that...?!?! :o Thanks as always Brf...
VPI Prime | VAS Nova Special 0.4mV | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Sutherland 20/20 | Bryston BP-26/MPS-2 & 4B Cubed | Focal 826W Chorus V LE | SVS SB-1000 | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Postby 10ovr » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:38 pm

Do a search on 3M 8153LE 300LSE Super-Strong Double-Sided Adhesive/Adhesive Transfer Tape,,Pain to work with but dam it"s strong and very thin ,,,
10ovr

Postby VinBob » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:49 pm

10ovr wrote:Do a search on 3M 8153LE 300LSE Super-Strong Double-Sided Adhesive/Adhesive Transfer Tape,,Pain to work with but dam it"s strong and very thin ,,,

Thanks 10ovr - I forgot to mention I already have some strong double sided tape which I used to tape my Prime Motor onto Symposium Fat Padz which sits on my Segue ISO shelf at the recommendation of Peter from Symposium!

Cheers,
Vin.
VPI Prime | VAS Nova Special 0.4mV | Phoenix Engineering Eagle & Roadrunner | Sutherland 20/20 | Bryston BP-26/MPS-2 & 4B Cubed | Focal 826W Chorus V LE | SVS SB-1000 | Naim DAC-V1 | Rega Apollo-R
VinBob

Postby Packgrog » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:06 am

BTW, for anyone interested, I heard back from someone from SOTA. The Roadrunner will be available again, with expected price of $300. Definitely higher than the original price, sadly, but they probably need to be more concerned with the bottom line than Bill was. So expect other parts to be available when they redo their web store in December.
VPI Scout Jr., Audiomods Classic, Audio Technica AT33PTG/II, Phoenix Engineering Falcon w/ DIY Arduino Uno Tachometer, Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena, RME Babyface Pro
Packgrog

Previous

Return to Support Forum