VPI Fatboy 12" w/c protractor

Re: VPI Fatboy 12" w/c protractor

Postby 10ovr » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:31 pm

You no the problem,,Now here is a solution ,,Line the Fat Boys up on a nice white paper for a day or 2,,When you you remove them from the paper you should be able to see a stain on the paper if they are leaking ,,Just a thought,,, :D
10ovr

Postby MJB » Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Brf wrote:
MJB wrote:Thanks for the quick response. I just received my new 12” Fatboy. Unfortunately, I will now have to wait until a new jig arrives to set it up. Disappointing since VPI was told that it was a replacement for a 10.5 3D arm.

Furthermore, the new arm did not include any installation information/instructions and the arm is very wet (?). I have reached out to my dealer but this experience has left me very disappointed.

Quick question, is the 12" Fatboy replacing a 10.5 tonearm and are you using the same VTA base and position as the 10.5" tonearm?

Yes, I’m replacing the 10.5 arm I purchased with my Avenger 2 yrs ago with a 12 Fatboy. The VTA base I have works with the Fatboy 12 - VPI validated.

Also, had to change the position height and for length but cannot (won’t) complete the setup without the jig.

Thx!
MJB

Postby Brf » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:52 pm

MJB wrote:
Brf wrote:
MJB wrote:Thanks for the quick response. I just received my new 12” Fatboy. Unfortunately, I will now have to wait until a new jig arrives to set it up. Disappointing since VPI was told that it was a replacement for a 10.5 3D arm.

Furthermore, the new arm did not include any installation information/instructions and the arm is very wet (?). I have reached out to my dealer but this experience has left me very disappointed.

Quick question, is the 12" Fatboy replacing a 10.5 tonearm and are you using the same VTA base and position as the 10.5" tonearm?

Yes, I’m replacing the 10.5 arm I purchased with my Avenger 2 yrs ago with a 12 Fatboy. The VTA base I have works with the Fatboy 12 - VPI validated.

Also, had to change the position height and for length but cannot (won’t) complete the setup without the jig.

Thx!

Perfect! As an interim measure, you can download and print an arc protractor from the Conrad Hoffman website http://conradhoffman.com/chsw.htm. Just use a spindle to pivot distance of 300mm to generate the required protractor and you will be good to go!
Brf
Site Admin

Postby MJB » Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Brf wrote:Perfect! As an interim measure, you can download and print an arc protractor from the Conrad Hoffman website http://conradhoffman.com/chsw.htm. Just use a spindle to pivot distance of 300mm to generate the required protractor and you will be good to go!

Appreciate your guidance! Thx!
MJB

Previous

Return to Support Forum