The (Not So) Wonderful Sound of Female Vocals

Re: The (Not So) Wonderful Sound of Female Vocals

Postby Dorian » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:43 pm

Golear wrote:Is there a reduction in the inner groove distortion if the anti-skate force is increased slightly?

Didn't try that. Acoustic Sounds has acknowledged the issue, is doing a repress and will be sending replacements.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Kaloman » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:49 pm

Dorian wrote:
Golear wrote:Is there a reduction in the inner groove distortion if the anti-skate force is increased slightly?

Didn't try that. Acoustic Sounds has acknowledged the issue, is doing a repress and will be sending replacements.

That’s good news, thanks for following up with them. I also emailed Acoustic Sounds a couple of days ago, but haven’t heard back. Unfortunately I didn’t purchase my copy directly from them, but through a local record shop. I really hope they honor exchanges for those that didn’t purchase it directly from them.
Kaloman

Postby Golear » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:46 pm

The LP might not be defective - the grooves might just be "highly modulated". May be this LP might sound ok with slightly more VTF, and/or a touch more anti-skate. After all, those settings are just what you might call guidelines, not actual rules.

The Counter Intuitive allows one to make small changes to VTF, and the mechanical anti-skate allows one to make small changes to the anti-skate force.
Golear

Previous

Return to Support Forum