First impression of the Dual Pivot Kit

Re: First impression of the Dual Pivot Kit

Postby Beethoven » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:19 pm

Welcome to the forum too. I don’t have an answer for you sorry, as I haven’t installed the dual pivot. I am intrigued though about the Nordost wiring making a “massive difference”. Perhaps I should look at this upgrade! How much did VPI charge if you don’t mind me asking?[/quote]

I see you have the LPI, as do I. Let's just say for me, the improvement far surpassed that made by the LPI for about the same cost. VPI made the whole process very easy complete with shipping a tonearm box and returning it in a reasonable amount of time. I encourage you to reach out to VPI for total cost and turnaround time. You won't regret it.
Beethoven

Postby Beethoven » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:30 pm

tom collins wrote:Welcome to the forum and happy new year. I don't have the printed arm and I don't have the dual pivot, but from the looks of your system, you have been in this hobby for a while. So, you know that there is no free lunch, everything has a tradeoff. If it was me, I would review the setup in detail to confirm that the only difference is the dual pivot kit. If that is so, then you will probably have to decide which you prefer and go with that. The nice thing about the kit is you can easily change back. A question, would the kit have affected your tracking force? See if it changes that setting and if so, reset. Good luck.

Thank you! I did have to tinker with the tracking force a bit. I do think it's a setup issue and I need to try to even the playing field to compare with or without dual pivot. I've had VPI tables for 15 years and despite my personal setup issues with unipivot, I've always been a fan. That is why I was hoping the dual pivot would be where I would set it and forget it. I had shoulder surgery recently with my arm in a sling, so perhaps I should try again when I have better use of both my arms.
Beethoven

Postby Dorian » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:51 pm

Beethoven wrote:I see you have the LPI, as do I. Let's just say for me, the improvement far surpassed that made by the LPI for about the same cost. VPI made the whole process very easy complete with shipping a tonearm box and returning it in a reasonable amount of time. I encourage you to reach out to VPI for total cost and turnaround time. You won't regret it.

Thanks for the info. The LPI made a definite improvement so I appreciate that comparison. I’ll contact VPI now.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Previous

Return to Support Forum