Track audio turntable feet

Re: Track audio turntable feet

Postby Golear » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:42 am

Jprod wrote:thanks - is there an easy way to check for vibrations?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/seismom ... 66259?mt=8

You could also put your cartridge down on an LP, without the motor running. Then capture the output from your preamp into a digital oscilloscope.

Then you'd need a repeatable source of vibration - dropping a soccer ball or basketball at a fixed spot in the room, from a fixed height, may be?

Measuring it is one thing. Interpreting the results may be quite another. May be you capture it, and then do FFT to find the magnitude of each frequency.
Golear

Postby Brf » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:12 pm

The best way to determine if the accessory works is to try it out in your system. Just makes sure you understand the stores return policy
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Jprod » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:50 pm

I have decided to start from the “bottom up”.
I placed the stylus on a stationary record and knocked around with my fingers on the stand and the sound was clearly transmitted to my speakers. So I’m thinking - base , then feet if the base does not take care of the isolation sufficiently , then stillpoints lpi
VPI Prime with ortofon 2m black, Manley Chinook phono preamp, Wyred4sound STP-SE preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters, audio sensibility signature cables
Jprod

Postby Packgrog » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:54 pm

That says to me that you need to isolate the platform from the audio rack, which might mean some kind of compliant material between the platform and rack. With better feet, you're mostly wanting to drain excess turntable vibrations away, not prevent external vibrations from getting in. That's what the platform is for (IMO).
VPI Scout Jr., Audiomods Classic, Audio Technica AT33PTG/II, Phoenix Engineering Falcon w/ DIY Arduino Uno Tachometer, Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena, RME Babyface Pro
Packgrog

Postby Jprod » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:01 pm

Packgrog wrote:That says to me that you need to isolate the platform from the audio rack, which might mean some kind of compliant material between the platform and rack. With better feet, you're mostly wanting to drain excess turntable vibrations away, not prevent external vibrations from getting in. That's what the platform is for (IMO).

So I’m on the right track with a symposium segue iso platform correct ?
VPI Prime with ortofon 2m black, Manley Chinook phono preamp, Wyred4sound STP-SE preamp, parasound halo a21 amp, Ascend acoustics tower speakers with RAAL ribbon tweeters, audio sensibility signature cables
Jprod

Postby Packgrog » Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:09 pm

I can't say for sure, really, as that's way beyond my modest budget, but seems likely.
VPI Scout Jr., Audiomods Classic, Audio Technica AT33PTG/II, Phoenix Engineering Falcon w/ DIY Arduino Uno Tachometer, Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena, RME Babyface Pro
Packgrog

Postby Mr_Putty » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:30 pm

Jprod,
You might want to read what I am trying in the heading, "String Theory".
Just a suggestion.
Mr Putty
Mr_Putty

Postby Jprod » Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:55 pm

I went ahead and ordered a symposium segue iso MD. Peter was wonderful deal with.
Jprod

Previous

Return to Support Forum