Theoretical Best Unipivot Bearing Height

Re: Theoretical Best Unipivot Bearing Height

Postby billo » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Well, here's something to do with bearing height. Maybe not about what's best but a cool thing anyway. I have an original JMW 10 with a spare wand. I should mention that the pivot spike is upgraded, it's taller, so the female bearing has been raised in each wand. I set the shorter cartridge's VTA with the tower. For the taller cartridge I set VTA using the female bearing height, because the bearing will have room to be lowered. Remember, I raised it for the new spike. The benefit of doing this is I now swap wands without having to check and adjust either VTA or VTF so long as I don't mess with the tower height. I'm not one to adjust VTA for each record so no worry. Cool.
billo

Re: Theoretical Best Unipivot Bearing Height

Postby Brf » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:43 pm

billo wrote:Well, here's something to do with bearing height. Maybe not about what's best but a cool thing anyway. I have an original JMW 10 with a spare wand. I should mention that the pivot spike is upgraded, it's taller, so the female bearing has been raised in each wand. I set the shorter cartridge's VTA with the tower. For the taller cartridge I set VTA using the female bearing height, because the bearing will have room to be lowered. Remember, I raised it for the new spike. The benefit of doing this is I now swap wands without having to check and adjust either VTA or VTF so long as I don't mess with the tower height. I'm not one to adjust VTA for each record so no worry. Cool.

+1 - that is what I do also, therefore, you can swap tonearms without further adjustments
Brf
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Support Forum