My New Avenger

Re: My New Avenger

Postby bryans » Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:25 pm

Love the table. Congrats!
bryans

Postby miner » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Very nice setup and a beautiful table to boot. Nice upgrade from the Prime.
McIntosh C2300 pre; McIntosh MC452 amp; McIntosh MCD500 SACD; VPI Aries 3 with 3D arm and Ortofon Cadenza Black MC cartridge; Manley Chinook SE; PS Audio P5 regulator; VPI SDS; Pioneer RT707 R2R; Nakamichi ZX-7 cass.; Sonus faber Cremona Auditor M; REL B1
miner

Postby Tullman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:01 pm

MOON wrote:Beatific table. Like the black Symposium ultra also, really sets the table off.What specific differences in sound did you experience between your prime and the new avenger. Nice to see you posting here as well as the Steve Hoffman forums as well.

It's hard to say because my Prime had a different cart, the Soundsmith Zephyr, and didn't have the Symposium platform. That said, the new setup is in a different league, better everything sound wise.
Tullman

Postby Tullman » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:05 pm

leftside wrote:Nice! How are you liking the cart? Did you have a different cart before that one?

I was using a Zephyr II before this. I really like the Hyperion it's so much better than anything I ever had over the last 40 years.
Tullman

Postby MMMC » Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:03 am

Tullman,

Congratulations!
Very nice Avenger upgrade!
Looks like you also did an upgrade from the standard Avenger feet, unless yours are the current standard feet, along with a motor pulley for dual drive belts. Paired with your new SS cart, and Ulta platform, I can imagine you are smiling from ear to ear.
Let the music play!!!

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Previous

Return to Customer Pictures