Winter Project, new TT Rack

Winter Project, new TT Rack

Postby mreeter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:19 pm

Just finished up a little Winter Project. Built a new TT Rack and moved it to the side of the room. Previously had the TT on top of the center Rack (which was taller) but have a pesky Heat Vent right above it, spewing out Dry Air and Dust. The new position has also cleaned up the Center Imaging as well...win, win :)



IMG_1948.jpg
IMG_1948.jpg (108.15 KiB) Viewed 241 times


IMG_1947.JPG
IMG_1947.JPG (111.73 KiB) Viewed 241 times
VPI Classic Signature SE/Soundsmith Zephyr
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
Rogue Audio M-180 Monoblock Amps
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun Wires
User avatar
mreeter
Senior Member
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:16 pm

Re: Winter Project, new TT Rack

Postby 10ovr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:29 pm

looks Sweet,, Like the color,,What cables did you go with ?????
10ovr
Senior Member
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Fountain Hills AZ

Re: Winter Project, new TT Rack

Postby mreeter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:36 pm

10ovr wrote:looks Sweet,, Like the color,,What cables did you go with ?????


I ended up with a 5 Meter Pair of Audio Sensibility Statement SE RCA Interconnects. My Phono Stage doesn't have Balanced Output, so I settled for RCA. The cable needs some break-in time yet, but it's sounding very good right out of the box.
VPI Classic Signature SE/Soundsmith Zephyr
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
Rogue Audio M-180 Monoblock Amps
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun Wires
User avatar
mreeter
Senior Member
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:16 pm

Re: Winter Project, new TT Rack

Postby 10ovr » Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 pm

mreeter wrote:
10ovr wrote:looks Sweet,, Like the color,,What cables did you go with ?????


I ended up with a 5 Meter Pair of Audio Sensibility Statement SE RCA Interconnects. My Phono Stage doesn't have Balanced Output, so I settled for RCA. The cable needs some break-in time yet, but it's sounding very good right out of the box.

Copper or silver,, Have only seen copper listed,, Im afraid to call him to find out how much silvers would be LOL
10ovr
Senior Member
 
Posts: 730
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Fountain Hills AZ

Re: Winter Project, new TT Rack

Postby mreeter » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:11 pm

10ovr wrote:
mreeter wrote:
10ovr wrote:looks Sweet,, Like the color,,What cables did you go with ?????


I ended up with a 5 Meter Pair of Audio Sensibility Statement SE RCA Interconnects. My Phono Stage doesn't have Balanced Output, so I settled for RCA. The cable needs some break-in time yet, but it's sounding very good right out of the box.

Copper or silver,, Have only seen copper listed,, Im afraid to call him to find out how much silvers would be LOL


Copper, I've already had three Heart Attacks...did'nt price the Silver :o
VPI Classic Signature SE/Soundsmith Zephyr
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
Rogue Audio M-180 Monoblock Amps
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun Wires
User avatar
mreeter
Senior Member
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:16 pm

Re: Winter Project, new TT Rack

Postby Kgl936 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:41 pm

Nice work! It looks great! I like having as much of the gear off to the side as well. Sound improvement considerations aside, it just looks a lot cleaner to me.
User avatar
Kgl936
Member
 
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:44 pm
Location: Southeast PA

Re: Winter Project, new TT Rack

Postby mreeter » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:05 am

Kgl936 wrote:Nice work! It looks great! I like having as much of the gear off to the side as well. Sound improvement considerations aside, it just looks a lot cleaner to me.


Thank you, moving the TT away from the overhead Heat Vent was priority. Added benefits are a Bonus :)
VPI Classic Signature SE/Soundsmith Zephyr
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
Rogue Audio M-180 Monoblock Amps
Dynaudio Contour S3.4LE
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun Wires
User avatar
mreeter
Senior Member
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:16 pm


Return to Customer Pictures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 4 guests

x