Winter Project, new TT Rack

Re: Winter Project, new TT Rack

Postby Johnny » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:58 pm

Very nice. Better than store bought!
Johnny

Postby leftside » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:07 pm

Love the setup! Just one question - would it be better to have the turntable behind the speakers in the center? Looks like in the current position the turntable might be affected by the sound and corresponding vibrations coming from the speaker?
TT VPI Prime Signature/Benz Micro LP-S DACs Lampizator GA, Lampizator Euforia DSD Preamps Mac C500T, Mac MX121 Amps Mac MC75 * 2 60th Anniv, Mac MC205, Glenn 300B Speakers Dynaudio C1 Platinum, B&W 804S Headphones LCD-4
leftside

Postby mreeter » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:09 pm

leftside wrote:Love the setup! Just one question - would it be better to have the turntable behind the speakers in the center? Looks like in the current position the turntable might be affected by the sound and corresponding vibrations coming from the speaker?

In the center is where the Table was originally placed (see Avatar) the Rack was much taller to accommodate the TT. There is a Heat Vent directly above that position, and the Rack full of gear was tampering with the Image a bit.

Moving the TT into its new spot allowed me to lower the Center Rack a few shelves and this has really improved the Image.

I built the new Rack using a 8/4" (2" Material) for Top Shelf, on top of which is a 3" Block supporting the Table, and 5/4" Material for the lowers shelves. The total weight of the Rack itself, plus the Butcher Block is well over 80 lbs. The Table and associated gear weighs over 70 lbs., I have 2" Spikes Supporting the Rack on top of a Carpet covered Concrete floor....it's Solid.
VPI Classic Signature SE
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
VAS Audio Citation II Monoblock Amps
Polk Audio SDA SRS 3.1TL
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun/Audio Sensibility Wires
mreeter

Previous

Return to Customer Pictures