New Prime Signature

New Prime Signature

Postby Pianist » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:22 pm

My Prime Signature with an Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge arrived today. I simply cannot adequately describe the improvement over my Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black! Everything that could possibly be better, is! Deeper/wheightier bass, smoother/more detailed highs, more open mids, far wider/deeper soundstage—you name it. And as a special bonus, less surface noise.

I want to thank Seth at SoundstageDirect for his 5-star service and Jay for the great setup.
DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna HP integrated amp; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Musical Surroundings Nova II phono stage; Esoteric K-03 SACD; Sennheiserr HD 800S headphones
Pianist

Re: New Prime Signature

Postby Gary1955 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:29 am

Congratulations and many years of happy listening Pianist, that is an absolutely beautiful table and must sound as good as it looks!!
VPI HR-X rim drive w/magnetic drive platter, 3D Ref. 12" tonearm, Lyra Titan-i cartridge, Graham Slee Reflex M & Elevator, tri-amped horn system w/electronic crossover, PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium preamp.
Gary1955

Postby Brf » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:01 am

Very nice, I must admit that I'm torn between the gloss black and the rosewood finish....that would be a nice problem to have.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Pianist » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:16 am

Brf wrote:Very nice, I must admit that I'm torn between the gloss black and the rosewood finish....that would be a nice problem to have.

I was torn, too, but the upcharge for the rosewood took a big chunk out of the cost of the cartridge, so in the end that's what I went for!
DALI Epicon 2 speakers; SVS SB13 Ultra sub; PrimaLuna HP integrated amp; VPI Prime Signature/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze; Musical Surroundings Nova II phono stage; Esoteric K-03 SACD; Sennheiserr HD 800S headphones
Pianist

Postby 10ovr » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Pianist wrote:
Brf wrote:Very nice, I must admit that I'm torn between the gloss black and the rosewood finish....that would be a nice problem to have.

I was torn, too, but the upcharge for the rosewood took a big chunk out of the cost of the cartridge, so in the end that's what I went for!

Prime is a great TT... How much more was the Rosewood ???
10ovr

Postby jonathanb » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:30 pm

10ovr wrote:
Pianist wrote:
10ovr wrote:Prime is a great TT... How much more was the Rosewood ???

$800 upcharge.
jonathanb

Postby MMMC » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:40 am

Pianist,

Congratulations on your new Prime Signature, and the strength to keep your eyes on the prize of the "PS" with Cadenza Bronze, because I'm sure you must have heard the tempting whispers of the "Siren" of the Rosewood Prime Signature whispering your name many nights.
Enjoy your table and "Let the music play!!!!"

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby mreeter » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:44 am

Congrats on your new Prime Signature, she's a Beauty!!!
VPI Classic Signature SE
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
VAS Audio Citation II Monoblock Amps
Polk Audio SDA SRS 3.1TL
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun/Audio Sensibility Wires
mreeter

Return to Customer Pictures