Sexy

Re: Sexy

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:48 am

vego99 wrote:Love those Avenger feet! Did you add these after the fact? If so, did you notice any difference in the sound?

I ordered the table with the Avenger feet. I was a copy cat. BRF and Gary did this table first and got me tempted to trade my Classic 4. Their pictures and discussion about their tables inspired me to actually do it. I always wanted an HRX and it was now or never time since they were discontinued. I got the last Dual Motor HRX rim drive in the process thanks to Brent's encouragement :P
Last edited by Letsmakeadeal on Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Letsmakeadeal

Postby vego99 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:36 am

Looks awesome!

I wonder if i can eventually upgrade the feet and platter to the mag drive on my Aries 3 8-) 8-) 8-)
Instagram @plattersofspinningplastic
MainRig: McIntosh C2300, VPI Aries 3D FE #28/30, Latino ST-120, Totem Forest, W4S DAC2, Sonos Connect, VPI 16.5
vego99

Postby Brf » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:53 am

vego99 wrote:Looks awesome!

I wonder if i can eventually upgrade the feet and platter to the mag drive on my Aries 3 8-) 8-) 8-)

Feet you can upgrade now and install yourself. For the mag drive platter, you would need to send in your plinth for modification. If you decide to proceed, you would be most likely the first Aries 3 mag Drive Platter owner.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby mreeter » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:21 am

I've yet to have the opportunity to listen to an HRX. But, based on looks alone, the HRX is an incredible deck that stands alone at the Peak of the Turntable Mountain.

Absolutely Gorgeous!!!
VPI Classic Signature SE
VPI SDS
VPI 16.5
Modwright LS-100 Linestage Preamp
Rogue Audio Ares "Magnum" Phono Preamp
VAS Audio Citation II Monoblock Amps
Polk Audio SDA SRS 3.1TL
Dual Rythmik F8 Subs
MIT S1 Shotgun/Audio Sensibility Wires
mreeter

Postby MMMC » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:01 am

Letsmakeadeal wrote:So I am sitting in my listening chair last night admittedly playing a CD as I was wrapping up the evening. I looked over at my table all awash in a shadowy bronze glow. Had to post a couple of pics.

"L.M.A.D."

I agree, it's a wonderful photo! I am very happy I was smart enough to order an HRX before production ceased. "If" I never get to add the Mag platter option, it is still one of Harry's best turntables, and one which brings a great smile to my soul each time I press the power button for a late night listening session.
"Let the music play!"

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby Dorian » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:37 pm

WTF ARE YOU LISTENING TO CDS FOR WITH THAT BEAST OF A TABLE LURKING THERE???? :D
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:33 am

Dorian wrote:WTF ARE YOU LISTENING TO CDS FOR WITH THAT BEAST OF A TABLE LURKING THERE???? :D

I know. Just being lazy at the end of the day. I also have many very enjoyable CDs that I can't duplicate on vinyl unfortunately. I do prefer my vinyl without question 90% of the time. :D
Letsmakeadeal

Postby DeeCee » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:49 pm

What a terrible table! (I'll take it off your hands! :lol: )
VPI Scout 2/JMW-9/Benz Micro Wood SL/Graham Slee 3 & PSU1/Sony DVP-S7000/Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber/Sonic Euphoria PLC/Aragon 4004 Mk II/Aerial Acoustics Model 7
DeeCee

Postby MMMC » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:51 pm

DeeCee wrote:What a terrible table! (I'll take it off your hands! :lol: )

DeeCee,

Here's an HRX just for you, that was/is posted here in the Forum.
https://referenceanalog.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fg1qomgx11p

I'm not sure about this, but there also is a possibility you may still be able to "order" a new HRX by contacting VPI.

Enjoy!

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby DeeCee » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:54 pm

MMMC wrote:
DeeCee wrote:What a terrible table! (I'll take it off your hands! :lol: )

DeeCee,

Here's an HRX just for you, that was/is posted here in the Forum.
https://referenceanalog.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Fg1qomgx11p

I'm not sure about this, but there also is a possibility you may still be able to "order" a new HRX by contacting VPI.

Enjoy!

MMMC

Ha! I wish. I gotta do stuff like eat and live in a house... :)
VPI Scout 2/JMW-9/Benz Micro Wood SL/Graham Slee 3 & PSU1/Sony DVP-S7000/Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber/Sonic Euphoria PLC/Aragon 4004 Mk II/Aerial Acoustics Model 7
DeeCee

PreviousNext

Return to Customer Pictures