Scout II SE

Scout II SE

Postby phb » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:59 am

So after all my troubles and unfortunate events with the Scout Jr, I have decided to spend some extra money and buy a definitive table (meaning I expect it to be good until the day I depart this Earth). I had bought the Scout Jr intending to it trade-in in the event I would really like the experience, so I am facing this as mainly an anticipation of what was about to come.

This is my 5th turntable (started with an old Gradiente when I was a kid followed by an Audio Technica LP-120, then bought a vintage and beautiful Marantz from the 1970s in a trip to Belgium, and finally arrived at the hi-end toys with the VPI Scout Jr). With help from both my dealer and VPI, I have decided to upgrade to the Scout 2 Special Edition and I must confess I was really surprised on how much better it looks and (most importantly) sounds when compared to the Jr. I have also upgraded the cartridge to an Ortofon 2M Bronze. I still use relatively cheaper speakers (ELAC B5) and the PS Audio Sprout amp/phono, but for now they suffice given my listening conditions are not that adequate.

Here you can have an idea of my "music corner" and my new Scout II SE! Very happy! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Attachments
mymusiccorner.jpg
My music corner
mymusiccorner.jpg (175.7 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
vpiscout2.pg.jpg
VPI Scout II SE
vpiscout2.pg.jpg (128.58 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
phb

Re: Scout II SE

Postby Packgrog » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Awesome! Consider me jealous!
VPI Scout Jr., Audio Technica AT33PTG/II, Phoenix Engineering Falcon w/ DIY Arduino Uno Tachometer, Audio Sensibility Impact SE Phono Cable, Musical Surroundings Nova Phonomena
Packgrog

Postby DeeCee » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:26 pm

Nice rig! Just got through listening to George Benson "giving me the night" on some used vinyl I got for $7 on my Scout 2.

Happy Listening!
DeeCee
VPI Scout 2/JMW-9/Benz Micro Wood SL/Graham Slee 3 & PSU1/Sony DVP-S7000/Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber/Sonic Euphoria PLC/Aragon 4004 Mk II/Aerial Acoustics Model 7
DeeCee

Postby Brf » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:03 pm

Congratulations. I have never seen a tonearm support like the one you have. It reminds me of the older JMW 10 on the fly VTA adjustment bases but with a dog leg plinth support.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby phb » Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:26 pm

Brf wrote:Congratulations. I have never seen a tonearm support like the one you have. It reminds me of the older JMW 10 on the fly VTA adjustment bases but with a dog leg plinth support.

Maybe it is? I am really not into the versions and differences that exist among all components, and given this was a demo discount, it might be that the base is an older version of it? Now I am curious... Does anyone ever saw a tonearm support like the one I have? Also, should be this a reason for concern? Thanks!
phb

Postby Brf » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:15 pm

No reason for concern. Looks like you have a JMW 10 tonearm which may be the reason that you have a dog leg arm support to achieve the proper S2P distance. I bet is sounds good!
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Dorian » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:47 pm

Looks great! But what are all those tiny records in hard plastic cases under your turntable?
VPI Prime | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Parasound Halo JC3+ | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Postby phb » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:47 pm

Dorian wrote:Looks great! But what are all those tiny records in hard plastic cases under your turntable?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are many recordings that I like that are available only on CDs. :|
phb

Postby edw » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:53 pm

Nice! I wish I could get the 3D 9" or 10" arm with VTA adjustment. Enjoy!
edw

Postby Dorian » Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:13 pm

phb wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are many recordings that I like that are available only on CDs. :|

:mrgreen:
VPI Prime | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Parasound Halo JC3+ | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Return to Customer Pictures