My VPI Scout II

Re: My VPI Scout II

Postby wolfyboy359 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:44 pm

Nice catch edw! It also looks like he is using the anti-skate device with the twisted wire method at the same time!! I think this is a no-no.
Scout Jr. / Ortofon 2M Black > Sutherland Ph3D > Marantz PM-14S1 Integrated > Martin Logan Motion 60XT's // Audioquest MacKenzie Interconnects, Audioquest Type 8 Speaker Cables, Ortofon Phono Cable // Cambridge Audio CXU // Sony MDR-Z1R Headphone
wolfyboy359

Postby Wax » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:38 pm

edw wrote:Nice!

I'd unwind the wire between the arm and lemo connector, though. Seems too tight.

Phew! Just thinking the same thing. :shock:
B&W 803 Matrix 2
Audio Research LS3
Classe' Audio CA 150
Nitty Gritty RCM
CAL Audio Icon mk II
Audio Alchemy Headphone Amp
Sennheiser HD580
Audioquest Cables
Wax

Postby Dorian » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:53 pm

edw wrote:I'd unwind the wire between the arm and lemo connector, though. Seems too tight.

I second that. Looks way too tight. Given that you are using the mechanical anti-skate, the lemo wire should be set so that when the mechanical anti-skate is NOT applied and the tonearm balances freely, the tonearm does not move outwards from the spindle by itself. Once that is the case, then apply the mechanical anti-skate.
VPI Prime | SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC Star | Parasound Halo JC3+ | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Previous

Return to Customer Pictures