Vpi 10 3D and Miyajima Kansui

Re: Vpi 10 3D and Miyajima Kansui

Postby Harry » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:50 pm

Beautiful Aries and nice setup. The technical level of posters on this forum amazes me!
Where have you guys been for the last 20 years.

HW
Harry
Admin

Postby Jbelben » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:17 am

Hi

First if congratulations on your second album. I will be ordering the vinyl later today. I too am new to your work.

Second, can you talk about the individual benefits of the Dr. Feichert software and Uni-Din protractor? For the best absolute results, does one need both or is it one or the other? If both, what role does each play?

Thanks

Jerry
Jbelben

Postby Jazzgene » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:20 am

The protractor is only for setting up the zenith of the cartridge. It is an amazing piece of work by Daniel. Templates for Baerwald, Stevenson, etc. Do a search and you will find great info on this tool.

The Feickert software is very handy to measure your table's performance in an empirical manner. Wow and flutter, speed, harmonic distortion, tone arm resonance, and of course setting the azimuth of the cartridge. Just keep in mind, a test record is what it is and is not the end all.
Jazzgene

Postby Jazzgene » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:33 pm

Just noticed a huge sonic change with the Kansui at 240 hours on my Aries 3 with the upgraded 10 3D arm. The sound is more organic and less trebly. Really a sweet sound in my opinion.
Jazzgene

Previous

Return to Customer Pictures