The big leap.....Scout---------->Classic 4

Re: The big leap.....Scout---------->Classic 4

Postby Chazz798 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:17 am

Harry wrote:Chazz, looks like you won the lottery with all those upgrades!

I love your Classic 4, still have one and will never give it up, I love the look and that solid sound. I'm an old Tannoy guy, have the GRF Memories and love them. People never
realize the dynamic range these speakers can produce and the goosebumps they can give.

Glad you lowered your stand, more stable, less motion. You should be very happy, you have a beautiful system and I know how it sounds!!!

HW

Thanks Harry! I really love this combo, feel zero need to upgrade for a LONG time. The Classic 4 is sounding wonderful, rock solid for sure. The Tannoy's are very dynamic, so glad I decided on these. Keep up the great work!
Chazz798

Re: The big leap.....Scout---------->Classic 4

Postby Chazz798 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:19 am

suntea wrote:
Chazz798 wrote:Ok, I got a new, shorter, stand and filled it with sand and lead shot. Got some new loudspeakers as well, Tannoy Turnberry GR's, sounds great!

Nice. I recently bought the same Tannoy speakers and really like them.

What cartridge are you using? I've used the Ortofon Quintet Bronze and mono with great results.

I am using a Soundsmith Paua MKII cartridge and it sounds great. I have heard the Ortofon Quintet Bronze is a great match as well.
Chazz798

Previous

Return to Customer Pictures