Fat Boy at CES

Fat Boy at CES

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:22 pm

AV ShowReports just posted a video (link below) with Gary Koh from Genesis featuring a Vanquish with a Fat Boy aboard....I am not doing any backflips at the moment over the look of the "Fat Boy" on the table. Just thinking out loud, but isn't this arm gonna be in the 6-10K range? Comparative analysis to competition? Just sayin. To me (at this point in time anyway) I find the 3DR to be way more elegant looking. That said, I did not like the look of the new Camaro when it first hit the streets either...I just don't know? This does not mean that I won't trade up at some point if the arm is sonically superior. I just wish it had a bit more sex appeal :roll: ...

I wonder what others are thinking?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6oQDXbHchQ&t=305s
Last edited by Letsmakeadeal on Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Letsmakeadeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:42 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Fat Boy at CES

Postby Johnny » Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:38 pm

There has been no new information on the Fatboy....nada, nothing. Just Cricket's chirping.

Does anyone have one or has ordered one? What was the other product that VPI was just about to release?
Johnny
Senior Member
 
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:26 am

Re: Fat Boy at CES

Postby Mat » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:01 am

The newly released product was a baby :P I had made a joke about it but it was taken literally and some thought there was a different/new product... just my new born girl Shyla. That is also why I haven't really been on any forums or social media like I usually am.. been busy on diaper duty :lol:

We have been making and getting them out there, I have been holding back on posting pictures since we are about to do our product photo shoot. Tomorrow I'll shoot some quick shots to show it. The arm tube is 4K the arm complete with VTA is 6K.
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
User avatar
Mat
Site Admin
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:19 pm
Location: Cliffwood, NJ

Re: Fat Boy at CES

Postby 10ovr » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:28 pm

Mat wrote:The newly released product was a baby :P I had made a joke about it but it was taken literally and some thought there was a different/new product... just my new born girl Shyla. That is also why I haven't really been on any forums or social media like I usually am.. been busy on diaper duty :lol:

We have been making and getting them out there, I have been holding back on posting pictures since we are about to do our product photo shoot. Tomorrow I'll shoot some quick shots to show it. The arm tube is 4K the arm complete with VTA is 6K.

Tomorrow has come and gone :roll:
10ovr
Senior Member
 
Posts: 866
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:22 pm
Location: Fountain Hills AZ

Re: Fat Boy at CES

Postby MMMC » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:24 pm

LMAD,

Where is the Fatboy in the CES link you posted? I would love to see it actually "at work", and how it looks! The Atlantic coasters can drop in to VPI for a look see, while us Pacific coasters are "S.O.L." I would love to see a photo of the Fat Boy mounted on an HRX to better judge the aesthetics.
Thanks

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC
Senior Member
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:37 am

Re: Fat Boy at CES

Postby Pevo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:27 am

MMMC, for some reason the linked video goes to the middle of the total time. Move the slider back to the start and it will show the Vanquish turntable with the Fatboy. Not sure what the fuss is over the looks of it, while not flashy it’s attractive in an understated sort of way.
Pevo
Senior Member
 
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Fat Boy at CES

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:12 pm

MMMC wrote:LMAD,

Where is the Fatboy in the CES link you posted? I would love to see it actually "at work", and how it looks! The Atlantic coasters can drop in to VPI for a look see, while us Pacific coasters are "S.O.L." I would love to see a photo of the Fat Boy mounted on an HRX to better judge the aesthetics.
Thanks

MMMC


Starting at about 38 seconds into the video
User avatar
Letsmakeadeal
Senior Member
 
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:42 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Fat Boy at CES

Postby MMMC » Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Pevo wrote:MMMC, for some reason the linked video goes to the middle of the total time. Move the slider back to the start and it will show the Vanquish turntable with the Fatboy. Not sure what the fuss is over the looks of it, while not flashy it’s attractive in an understated sort of way.


LMAD,

Thank you. There was no desire nor intention to make a fuss. I simply wanted to see the tonearm, and the table it was mounted on, with the sole intention of better perspective on directing any funds I may allocate for possible future upgrades of my HRX. (My pockets are not as deep as others.)

MMMC
One of the last HR-X production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC
Senior Member
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:37 am


Return to Mat's Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

x