FatBoy Poll

Re: FatBoy Poll

Postby miner » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:03 pm

I placed my order today with Seth at SSD.
McIntosh C2300 pre; McIntosh MC452 amp; McIntosh MCD500 SACD; VPI Aries 3 with 3D arm and Ortofon Cadenza Black MC cartridge; Manley Chinook SE; PS Audio P5 regulator; VPI SDS; Pioneer RT707 R2R; Nakamichi ZX-7 cass.; Sonus faber Cremona Auditor M; REL B1
miner

Postby Peer Gynt » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:58 am

miner wrote:I placed my order today with Seth at SSD.

I’m looking forward to your double story.

1. You’ve placed faith in SSD by placing a $2k to $4k range order when others have been worried about order fulfillment. So it will be good to know your result on this.

2. If your faith is rewarded, we are all waiting to hear about your reaction to the Fatboy in your system.
Peer Gynt

Postby Johnny » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:31 am

Peer Gynt wrote:
1. You’ve placed faith in SSD by placing a $2k to $4k range order when others have been worried about order fulfillment. So it will be good to know your result on this.

That was my first thought also. Did you actually speak to Seth? After reading about all the complaints about SSD and their inability to fulfill orders, I would be very hesitant. I hope it works out for you!
Johnny

Postby miner » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:54 am

Yes, I did get a call back from Seth. I have done much business with him in the past and have no reason to believe he will not deliver. He mentioned he was short-handed and awaiting staff buildup.
McIntosh C2300 pre; McIntosh MC452 amp; McIntosh MCD500 SACD; VPI Aries 3 with 3D arm and Ortofon Cadenza Black MC cartridge; Manley Chinook SE; PS Audio P5 regulator; VPI SDS; Pioneer RT707 R2R; Nakamichi ZX-7 cass.; Sonus faber Cremona Auditor M; REL B1
miner

Postby spinblackcircle » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:36 pm

miner wrote:Yes, I did get a call back from Seth. I have done much business with him in the past and have no reason to believe he will not deliver. He mentioned he was short-handed and awaiting staff buildup.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/anyone-ordered-recently-from-soundstagedirect.725078/
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/for-those-who-order-from-soundstage-direct.321786/
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/soundstage-direct-frustration.762280/
http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/soundstage-direct-customer-service-has-massively-dropped-the-ball.760104/

I'm sorry, but I would go elsewhere for the time being. The website doesn't work, they are not available by telephone, they are not responding to emails, Seth hasn't responded to a single thread. His Facebook account is gone. You seem to be the only person he has responded to. I Wish him the best, I really do but this is NOT how you run a business.
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby Johnny » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:07 pm

miner wrote:Yes, I did get a call back from Seth. I have done much business with him in the past and have no reason to believe he will not deliver. He mentioned he was short-handed and awaiting staff buildup.

Since you have an excellent relationship with SSD, I hope they didn't make you prepay for the new tonearm upfront.

Keep us posted and good luck
Johnny

Postby miner » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:44 pm

All,
I am too trusting of a person - like many others, I have not been able to get in touch with Seth or anyone at SSD these past two days. I have attempted to also email many people I know there - no response. Previously (2 weeks ago) at least an answering service picked up a call, and Seth quickly called me back. I have since file a complaint with PayPal for a refund of my deposit. I was/have been SSD's biggest supporter but now I feel violated. Please, no bashing my decision to do business with SSD, I do not need it at this time.
miner

Postby DeeCee » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:28 pm

Typically I get hit with multiple emails from SSD. Lately: radio silence.

Could this be the end????

I was wondering how they could do such fantastic deals all the time...
VPI Scout 2/JMW-9/Benz Micro Wood SL/Graham Slee 3 & PSU1/Sony DVP-S7000/Schiit Audio Bifrost Uber/Sonic Euphoria PLC/Aragon 4004 Mk II/Aerial Acoustics Model 7
DeeCee

Postby miner » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:01 pm

After filing my request for a refund via PayPal an email finally came across - a simple question was asked by me "Is SSD still in business?" Answer was YES, new management taking over - no other details given. I had done business with SSD since 2007, but all of this silent treatment may cause me to look elsewhere. I can only hope I will get my deposit back.
miner

Postby Dorian » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:16 pm

I bought my Prime from Seth at SSD and he gave me a great trade-in on my Traveler. Would be a shame to see them go out of business. Fingers crossed they can get their act together.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

PreviousNext

Return to Mat's Corner