FatBoy Poll

FatBoy Poll

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:03 am

Now that Mat has given us insight on the trade in program, I am curious how many of us are likely first adopters? I will be in for 2 Fatboys as my cartridges will likely perform better in a higher mass arm. I am very anxious to see Myles initial thoughts and review of the arm.

Put me down for 2 in all likelihood.
Last edited by Letsmakeadeal on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Letsmakeadeal

Re: FatBoy Poll

Postby Johnny » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:20 pm

I am no longer willing to be an early adopter. I will wait and see what others think of this new arm. The upgrade trade-in program appears to be reasonable.

Letsmakeadeal, I will be waiting to hear your feedback. Has anyone else ordered a Fatboy now that they are available?
Johnny

Postby miner » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:37 pm

As usual, An early adopter
McIntosh C2300 pre; McIntosh MC452 amp; McIntosh MCD500 SACD; VPI Aries 3 with 3D arm and Ortofon Cadenza Black MC cartridge; Manley Chinook SE; PS Audio P5 regulator; VPI SDS; Pioneer RT707 R2R; Nakamichi ZX-7 cass.; Sonus faber Cremona Auditor M; REL B1
miner

Postby Johnny » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:50 pm

miner wrote:As usual, An early adopter

Not sure if you will have a choice as I believe that 10" Fatboys are not currently being produced.
Johnny

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:38 pm

Johnny wrote:I am no longer willing to be an early adopter. I will wait and see what others think of this new arm. The upgrade trade-in program appears to be reasonable.

Letsmakeadeal, I will be waiting to hear your feedback. Has anyone else ordered a Fatboy now that they are available?

I haven't made any commitments yet. I will wait to see what Myles' review looks like first. Proceeding with caution. :lol: :lol:
Letsmakeadeal

Postby tony22 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:45 pm

This is a tough call. In the past we have seen releases, sometimes quickly followed by revisions. Recently Mat's told us that there's a new game in town, with seemingly a more structured process before new products are brought to market. I applaud the approach, but for me I'm not yet sure we will see evidence of this in the Fatboy. I'd like to be an early adopter, but I'll admit there's some hesitation.
Pass XP-20, AVA 600R, Shahinian Diapasons, PS Audio DMP & DS, VPI Avenger with 12" 3DR, Benz SL and L2, SS Zephyr Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Pass XP-15, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Postby YoungDave » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:34 pm

I don't know. I like the arm I have, but I was an early adopter of the 3d arm and cannot help wondering how much improvement I thereby missed - VPI made numerous changes, seemingly to every parameter of this arm, starting immediately, that of course were not available to early adopters.

I'll definitely wait a year or more until the design settles down.
2004 HRX, heavyweight platter, 1st gen 3d arm, Phoenix Eagle/Roadrunner, Dynavector XV-1s, Manley Steelhead, DEQX
YoungDave

Postby tony22 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:40 pm

The question is - how long will the trade in policy remain in effect?
Pass XP-20, AVA 600R, Shahinian Diapasons, PS Audio DMP & DS, VPI Avenger with 12" 3DR, Benz SL and L2, SS Zephyr Mk.2, Ortofon Quintet Mono, Pass XP-15, Logitech Touch, RSA Haley and PSA conditioning, PAD and AZ cables.
tony22

Postby Mat » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:23 am

The goal is to have early adapters be the same as long time owners of the Fatboy (and all other products we release form here on out). Of course there might be subtleties like with all products over the course of years... but nothing fast or drastic anymore :)

The plan is to have this trade in program run for 2018 to make sure we don't miss anyone. 8-)
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby Glaferri » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Just waiting for the release date and trade-in program to replace my JMW 12.7 metal wand with the new FatBoy for my beloved HRX! Put me on the list!
Glaferri

Next

Return to Mat's Corner