Piano or Rosewood

Re: Piano or Rosewood

Postby elader » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:45 am

for that kind of money I'd offer solid colors in white, black, silver, and ? and the upcharge gets you your choice of several veneers.

These suckers aren't produced by the thousands, and if the customization isnt too much of a pain in your cost of goods, why not?

Also the builder should sign the bottom along with you Mat.
VPI Prime, BenzMicro Glider, VPI SDS, Cinemag SUT
Audible Illusions Modulus 3A, Primaluna Prologue 5
REGA Apollo R, PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
KEF R300, pangea stands, SVS SB12 sub
elader

Postby Orchids1 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:00 am

Makeadeal, A few expensive decks currently use colors similar to Ferrari red, often with gold trim. If you want your table to be the focus of your system or part of your decor, Ferrari red would work well with the tables’ designs and would be very effective. I don’t think other intense colors, such as Ferrari yellow, would work as well. Good idea. Rich
Avenger (w/mods), SS Paua cart, Phoenix Eagle psu and tach, Sutherland 20/20 phono, Audionet Pre 1 G3, Benchmark AHB2 monos, YG Carmel 2 spkrs, JL e112 subs, Nordost/Audio Sensibilty ic, Kubla-Sonsa spkr cable; Auralic Aries renderer, Auralic Vega dac.
Orchids1

Postby madrac » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:10 pm

Mat wrote:I'm up in the air because I think the black works with more types of rooms but the rosewood is really beautiful especially in person. Also this is a real wood veneer... no wrap on this ;)

The Rosewood is absolutely beautiful in person...although I'd generally go for black on other components, if I were to move up from my Classic, I'd take this in Rosewood.

Happy holidays!
madrac

Postby MMMC » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:46 am

The original question was;

Which do you like better?

First of all, I am the one who probably expressed the most grief on the "wrap" finish, therefore I will state, without qualification, I like the rosewood better. It is BEAUTIFUL!
The beauty of the rosewood simply can not be matched by the black finish, and will be outstanding in "any" room, no matter the color decor, or other wood finishes. Further, the black finish would only compete "better", but still never equal, if it was a deeper, and higher gloss black finish, not the "matted" (no pun intended), low gloss black finish displayed in the photo.
Congratulations on bringing the Rosewood table to the market. I also think you should consider setting a production number limit on tables like the Rosewood Prime Signature to create collector interest and resale value.

MMMC
One of the last HRX production/ 3DR 12" arm/ ZYX Universe II LOMC with Copper wire/ RCM Sensor 2 phono preamp/ Silver Audio Appasionata IC/ Audio Sensibiity Statement Silver Phono V2 IC
MMMC

Postby Pevo » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:54 am

I definitely prefer wood in a general sense, but in this case I’m not so sure. I saw one of the early rosewood tables at AXPONA earlier this year, it was darker than the photograph which worked better for me, but it had a wild grain pattern that made me think it was faux rosewood. Turns out it was real. The photograph above has a nicer grain pattern, but the color is lighter and the contrast with the raw aluminum is a little too strong for me. Basic black works better for me in this case.
Pevo

Postby EdAInWestOC » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:56 pm

Rosewood by far. I can paint anything black...a nice wood grained finish is another matter. It give the Prime Signature a "worth it" look.

I'm not saying that the table is not worth the asking price but the rosewood finish closes any argument.

Ed
We don't shush around here!
Life is analog...digital is just samples thereof
http://www.edsstuff.org
Prime|3 Drive Belts|2nd Pivot|ADS|Ortofon Windfeld Ti|AQ Leopard|Sky 30|Liberty B2B-1|MW-1
EdAInWestOC

Postby Shep » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:19 pm

Well, for what's it's worth...I just ordered the Rosewood yesterday, so crank up the production and get mine out to me ASAP :!: :lol:
I think the Rosewood is stunning and likely to be my last turntable.
Shep

Previous

Return to Mat's Corner