Searchable History inspired by WERA689 and elader

Re: Searchable History inspired by WERA689 and elader

Postby Mat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:10 pm

For what it is worth, if it wasn't for VPI I would delete my account (personal and business!) My mom and dad used to love reading the newspaper in the morning until eventually they stopped. When I asked my mom why she said because, "why should I start my day with bad news".

And yes elader, it is all your fault :D
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby JimTimP » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:50 pm

Mat, this is a great idea! I'm not 14 nor female. So, I don't facebook. (Sorry if I showed my bias - no I'm not) I'm just not that interesting. :D

Look forward to the cream of the crop of comments.

Jim
Teac X-2000R, Otari MX-5050 BIII-2, Manley Stingray II Amp, Yaqin SD-32A CD Player, Zestos Andros PS 1 Phono Preamp, VPI Prime Sig, ADS & 16.5, Soundsmith Voice & Lyra Delos on own arms, Zaph ZRT 2.5 Spkr, Homemade 10" Subs, PS Audio P5
JimTimP

Postby Mat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:22 pm

I just love when I hear people comment about how facebook is for "old people"... :oops:
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby elader » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:46 am

I still haven't figured out how to tweet.....
VPI Prime, BenzMicro Glider, VPI SDS, Cinemag SUT
Audible Illusions Modulus 3A, Primaluna Prologue 5
REGA Apollo R, PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
KEF R300, pangea stands, SVS SB12 sub
elader

Postby JohnCh » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:16 am

And I still haven't figured out why people tweet...

I'll take a forum with it's searchable knowledgebase over FB any day.

-John
VPI Classic Signature, VAS Nova Signature, Channel Islands PEQ1 MKII w/AC15 MKII power supply, Oppo BDP-105, ModWright SWL 9.0 Anniversary Edition, Channel Islands Audio E200S, Magnepan 1.7 w/Mye stands, REL Strata III
JohnCh

Postby Mat » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:51 am

Yeah, twitter is still one I struggle with also. I get facebook and instagram... twitter... still getting a hold on that.
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby wareagle » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:30 pm

Pevo wrote:I’m not a Facebook user, and intentionally never will be. I’m glad that Mat will be bringing at least some of the FB info onto this forum. I concur with others that this forum should be the primary source for all things VPI. It is after all part of the VPI web site and moderated by VPI.

+1 I too am not a facebook user and never will be
VPI Prime, Ortofon 2M Black cart, Graham Slee Accession phono pre, Bryston BP 25P preamp, Bryston 4B ST amp, Arcam FMJ33 cd player, Tekton Pendragon spkrs, Cardas Neutral Reference cables, Audio Sensibility Impact SE phono cable, Powervar 12 conditioner
wareagle

Postby WERA689 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:18 am

It's funny, because my job is as an admin for about three dozen forums in the motorcycle and automotive verticals. I'm in forums all day long, yet I only check in here once a week or so. Facebook is always open on my desktop, and it does fill the day with quick blasts of info, pics, and some news, in quickly digestible bites. But you know that if you want more information, you have to click out of Facebook. And some of my forums have started some Facebook offshoots, and they've noticeably impacted our forum views! So some folks just like short bites, and FB is great for that.

So Facebook has its place, and I'm there more than here. BUT...this is where people should expect fuller and deeper discussion of things VPI, vinyl, and analog. Why? Because, as I mentioned over there, and as inspired Mat to start this thread, the forum isn't transient. Info posted here can always be found again. If a question is asked or answered on Facebook, if you happen to miss it (FB filters what you see, making it that much harder), you'll most likely never find that tidbit again. This info should be as permanent and as available as VPI is.

All that said, Mat's live session today was kinda cool, and I'm not aware of any way you do that in forums. Hoping I'll get to meet you in January, Mat! I'm still working on my excuse to drive that far! :D She's being overly cautious. ;)

Neil
WERA689

Postby jseiplesmith » Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:24 pm

I am not! :roll: :roll:
jseiplesmith

Postby Mat » Fri Dec 29, 2017 5:54 pm

Hey all, for anyone who caught my live stream Q and A and facebook, wanted to let everyone else in the forum know that I'm looking into other methods to live stream besides facebook so you can all be part of the conversation :) At the very least I'm trying to see if there is a way I can take my live stream on facebook, pull it off and put it elsewhere to be more easily accessible :)
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mat's Corner