Searchable History inspired by WERA689 and elader

Searchable History inspired by WERA689 and elader

Postby Mat » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:49 pm

Hey all, wanted to start this thread identifying a noticeable tread that I will try to help change. A lot of the VPI conversation has shifted to the I Love my VPI Group on facebook. This is mainly because it is super easy to hop on there and feels much more personal with having faces and real names to go with it. That being said, that is no excuse to neglect our top shelf forum :) I'm going to try to take notable moments from the facebook group and share it as forum threads here, I haven't decided the best representation yet (was thinking of a new thread call from Facebook to Forum). It is important for all of us not to forget about keeping the dialog in both spots since not everyone has facebook and more importantly, as reminded by WERA6789, words are searchable on this forum.

I wanted to start this thread to also get everyone else's feedback on how we can help move the needle on the dialogue and communication. :D
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Re: Searchable History inspired by WERA689 and elader

Postby Dorian » Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:00 pm

Also, Facebook sucks.

So I am completely onboard with this move.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Johnny » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:26 am

The “I love my VPI Table” Facebook group is more of a fan club where owners get together to show off their tables. Facebook is not conducive to lengthy discussion. The Facebook page is great for music recommendations.

The VPI forum is great for technical discussions and to get help and tips on how to set up and improve your table. It is also a great resource for problem solving. The forum is loosing some of its appeal since VPI itself does not use as it main spring board for product announcements etc.

I just read that VPI has just purchased another “house” to be used as a demo centre. That kind of information should be posted on their forum fist, otherwise, what’s the purpose. Pictures of the new production Fatboy was posted on another website but not on their own forum. Vpi staff post have significantly declined.

I understand the importance of social media for marketing, but VPI’s own forum should be the go to place for all things VPI and drive traffic. I hate hunting for information, especially in the internet world where you cannot always validate the validity of said info.

We are very fortunate to have a few active members on this forum that share their time, experiences and technical expertise to help others. I for one has been the benefactor of such guidance and help. We need to attract more forum members by making the forum a must have bookmark for all VPI owners.
Johnny

Postby Mat » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:28 am

The reception about a new location or other house wasn't too positive on here last time :P

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9432

Regardless, the point is moving forward we are going to try and bridge the gap on both side. :) 8-)
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby adeep42 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:34 am

For all of us who don't participate on "social media" for whatever reason, THANK YOU!!!!!!
Prime #631+Dual Pivot
Symposium Footer Damping Inserts
Wayne's Outer Ring
Hide in the Sound Mat
Ortofon A-95
Bob's Devices VPI SUT
Bottlehead Eros PhonoPre
Phoenix Eagle & Tach
PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium Pre & Mono-blocks
Martin Logan Summit X's
adeep42

Postby WntrMute » Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:26 pm

adeep42 wrote:For all of us who don't participate on "social media" for whatever reason, THANK YOU!!!!!!

Fully agree! I have no interest in FB or similar sites.
WntrMute

Postby elader » Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:21 pm

and he blames this on me. Sheesh.
VPI Prime, BenzMicro Glider, VPI SDS, Cinemag SUT
Audible Illusions Modulus 3A, Primaluna Prologue 5
REGA Apollo R, PS Audio Digital Link III DAC
KEF R300, pangea stands, SVS SB12 sub
elader

Postby Guss2 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:07 pm

elader wrote:and he blames this on me. Sheesh.

We forgive you brother. For the record, the only reason I go to FB anymore is for the I Love My VPI Turntable group. :D
Guss2

Postby Lcoblentz3 » Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:14 pm

I only do groups on Facebook. The VPI group, and a couple of other turntable related ones. Not really like Facebook in the groups...
Prime #880, Soundsmith Aida, Yamaha C-80, Yamaha M-40, Campbell/Holtz Anthology speakers
Lcoblentz3

Postby Pevo » Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:27 pm

I’m not a Facebook user, and intentionally never will be. I’m glad that Mat will be bringing at least some of the FB info onto this forum. I concur with others that this forum should be the primary source for all things VPI. It is after all part of the VPI web site and moderated by VPI.
Pevo

Next

Return to Mat's Corner