Update On 3rd Version of ADS?

Update On 3rd Version of ADS?

Postby MOON » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:28 pm

Hi Mat,

Do you have any update as to when the 3rd, ultimate version of the ADS will be avaiable? , by year end or early next year?
Prime 152, symposium inserts, Lyra Kloes, Stillpoints LPI, HRS platform, Funk Firm Achromat,, Simaudio 610 lp Evolution phono stage & P -7 pre, W -5 LE amp, Audience Adept Response R 12 conditioner, Martin Logan Odyssey's & Depth I subs
MOON

Re: Update On 3rd Version of ADS?

Postby Dorian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:29 pm

Don't we need to see the 2nd one first??? Did I miss it? :?
VPI Prime #959 | SoundSmith MIMC Star | iFi iPhono v2 (Herron VTPH-2A ordered) | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Postby Brf » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:40 pm

Initially, Vpi announced 3 levels of the ADS. The current ADS is the level 2 and VPI abandoned the inexpensive level 1. The Deluxe ADS (level 3) is still in the works. Not sure as to the timing, thus Moon's post.

I know that VPI's collaborate work with Mark Lenenson has delayed the release/development of the Deluxe ADS along with their phono stage.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Dorian » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Got it, thanks brf.

Peheaps we just call them 'standard' and 'deluxe' then. Or 'noisy' and 'hopefully not noisy'... :shock:
VPI Prime #959 | SoundSmith MIMC Star | iFi iPhono v2 (Herron VTPH-2A ordered) | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Stillpoints ULPI | Boston Audio Mat2 | Audio Sensibility Cables | Sound Anchor Stands
Dorian

Postby perkster » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Is it not worth buying an original ADS? Are there problems with this version?

Thinking of purchasing a one where owner says its the original unit.

Mike
perkster

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:22 am

Absolutely get an ADS. There is currently only one version of the ADS. They work perfectly well for their intended purpose. If a Delux version comes it's gonna be $$$$$. Early on there were some # of people that experienced some very minimal to in some cases annoying transformer hum but VPI has addressed this. Most here are extremely happy with their units including me. VPI has pledged to resolve any problems one may have with an ADS so you can't loose.
Last edited by Letsmakeadeal on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Letsmakeadeal

Postby Dorian » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:41 am

I was one of the people that wasn't happy with it. Very noisy transformer. Sent it back for repair and it came back unchanged. In the end it seemed that it was 'working as designed'. Perhaps I am just picky. YMMV.
Dorian

Postby glide » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:23 am

perkster wrote:Is it not worth buying an original ADS? Are there problems with this version?

Thinking of purchasing a one where owner says its the original unit.

Mike

Yes. It's noisy. The level of noise depends on a variety of factors from when the unit was built to the wiring/placement in your home. I owned a total of 4 units and each one exhibited a problem that VPI attempted to address to varying degrees of success but there was no acceptable solution for a $1000 piece of audiophile gear.

Hard pass on the current iteration, IMO.
glide

Return to Mat's Corner