Tru-Lift arm lifters & VPI Avenger

Re: Tru-Lift arm lifters & VPI Avenger

Postby spinblackcircle » Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:14 pm

Gary1955 wrote:The Tru-Lift is practically a copy of the Little Fwend tonearm lifter made in Norway.
Unbelievable. :o

Speaking of copies, wait til you see the tonearm lifter Music Hall will be importing to offer for sale soon.

VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby madrac » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:53 pm

or the Levitator --

http://www.wiplastics.com/page05.html

It's not as smooth as the Little Fwend or TruLift, but less expensive. I think I paid around $75 shipped.
madrac

Postby Mustang Man » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:40 am

Yes, and the True-Lift ONLY costs $260 while the Q- Up is a whopping $50.
Mustang Man

Re: Tru-Lift arm lifters & HRX Reference

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:55 pm

Just installed the Tru Lift on my HRX in similar fashion to the picture of the install on Avenger to keep it out of the way so if I want to use the outer ring it will be no issue...It took a little bit of fiddling with it, but it works very smoothly. Glad I spent the $$ as I can't leap up out of the chair as fast as I used to....Highly recommended accessory.
Last edited by Letsmakeadeal on Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI HRX Reference (MagDrive/RimDrive), 12" 3DR tonearms, Miyajima Kansui & ZERO, VPI ADS, Vendetta SCP-1
Letsmakeadeal

Re: Tru-Lift arm lifters & HRX Reference

Postby Jharris » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:04 am

Letsmakeadeal wrote:
20170609_174458_resized_1.jpg
Just installed the Tru Lift on my HRX in similar fashion to the picture of the install on Avenger to keep it out of the way so if I want to use the outer ring it will be no issue...It took a little bit of fiddling with it, but it works very smoothly. Glad I spent the $$ as I can't leap up out of the chair as fast as I used to....Highly recommended accessory.

Looking at the picture I can only assume it didn't work out. If that is the case, to get it to work you will need to move the tru-lift forward closer to the edge and the VPI tonearm lift would need to be rotated slightly toward the back. This is accomplished by loosening the set screw on the side and rotating it a touch. The VPI tonearm lift has to clear the tru-lift in the back. With an HRX though you can just stick it to the plinth though, which would be easier.
Reference Analog LLC
http://www.referenceanalog.com
Jharris

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:28 pm

@jharris - yes I did move the lift several times and I am still working to get everything just so.

I have 3 arms including 2 12" 3DRs and a Steel 12" Classic for my Miyajima Mono ZERO....I have actually moved the Tru-lift and may still fiddle with it a bit more to try and get all three arms to work successfully with the lift in one location. I am just about there. Here is a shot that hopefully better shows the tight clearance and current location....The Lift works very well here. The back of the cueing arm just clears the tru-lift tower....

Update....as of last evening all arms are working beautifully with the trulift in the pictured location...this was a little bit more tricky since the dimensions and design of the 3D and steel arms are different at the critical interface point...good news is that both style arms are working great now.

20170723_131216_resized.jpg
20170723_131216_resized.jpg (264.64 KiB) Viewed 298 times
Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI HRX Reference (MagDrive/RimDrive), 12" 3DR tonearms, Miyajima Kansui & ZERO, VPI ADS, Vendetta SCP-1
Letsmakeadeal

Postby carlo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:05 pm

Marc wrote:Unfortunately, the Tru-Lift does not currently work with the Avenger.

It does work on the Avenger it has to be placed on the armboard next to the tonearm
carlo

Postby carlo » Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:23 pm

Gary1955 wrote:The Tru-Lift is practically a copy of the Little Fwend tonearm lifter made in Norway.

The Tru-Lift is not an exact copy of anything. it comes in Solid Stainless Steel, and Solid Brass and comes with a Lifetime Guarantee, the mechanical internal parts are totally different that it why it has a lifting capacity of 14+ grams where the other lift mentioned max's out at 5 grams but please explain how it's an exact copy
carlo

Postby Guss2 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:04 am

carlo wrote:

The Tru-Lift is not an exact copy of anything. it comes in Solid Stainless Steel, and Solid Brass and comes with a Lifetime Guarantee, the mechanical internal parts are totally different that it why it has a lifting capacity of 14+ grams where the other lift mentioned max's out at 5 grams but please explain how it's an exact copy

Thanks for the info, I had no idea the lift capacity varied so much from one to the other. 5 grams doesn't seem that much at all.
Guss2

Postby carlo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:45 am

The Tru-Lift will work with all VPI Tables we actually manufacture custom lifts for all VPI Tables including the Scout Tables using the VPI Periphery Ring, see pic. There is a mention on this page that the Tru-Lift is an exact copy of the Little Fwend, this is not true, there is really nothing to copy the functionality of the tru-lift is Common Knowledge ( a piston spring loaded and fluid dampened this is no secret ) Audio Technica At-6006 " Safety Riser" did this in the early 70's what we did differently is we designed a piston/cylinder capable of lifting 14+grams we designed the Tru-Lift to last a lifetime, for this reason, we chose Stainless Steel and Solid Brass all Tru-Lifts come with a Lifetime Guarantee, we also designed the Tru-Lift to accept numerous adapters so one can customize it as they wish for their own personal need/like. My Apologies I hope I did not offend anyone.
Attachments
rains custom 1.jpg
rains custom 1.jpg (124.3 KiB) Viewed 156 times
carlo

PreviousNext

Return to Mat's Corner