Tru-Lift arm lifters & VPI Avenger

Re: Tru-Lift arm lifters & VPI Avenger

Postby gene9p » Tue May 30, 2017 11:09 am

out for delivery!!
VPI CLASSIC 2[WALNUT]W CLASSIC 3 ARM, VPI SDS, SS AIDA Cartridge,MANLEY CHINOOK Phono stage,MCINTOSH C220 Tube Pre Amp,PARASOUND A21 Amp,KRELL Showcase CD Player ,BRYSTON BDA-1 Dac,HARBETH 7es-3 SPEAKERS,MORROW AUDIO Interconnects and Speaker Cables
gene9p

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Tue May 30, 2017 12:32 pm

Thank gene9p

Just sent same offer...Looks like per JHarris pic that it should work on any adjustable VPI arm base...Thanks
Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI HRX Reference (MagDrive/RimDrive), 12" 3DR tonearms, Miyajima Kansui & ZERO, VPI ADS, Vendetta SCP-1
Letsmakeadeal

Postby gene9p » Tue May 30, 2017 4:02 pm

Nice!

this was sooo fast being delivered

nicely packaged

what's in the box

VPI CLASSIC 2[WALNUT]W CLASSIC 3 ARM, VPI SDS, SS AIDA Cartridge,MANLEY CHINOOK Phono stage,MCINTOSH C220 Tube Pre Amp,PARASOUND A21 Amp,KRELL Showcase CD Player ,BRYSTON BDA-1 Dac,HARBETH 7es-3 SPEAKERS,MORROW AUDIO Interconnects and Speaker Cables
gene9p

Postby gene9p » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:16 am

Busy yesterday. I will be installing it tonight and will update with set up and how it works.
gene9p

Postby Johnny » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:23 am

gene9p wrote:Busy yesterday. I will be installing it tonight and will update with set up and how it works.

Sweet! Thanks, looking forward to the follow up.....and yes, that was fast!
Johnny

Postby Letsmakeadeal » Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:44 pm

Mine just arrived as well...Can't believe they sent it overnight, but they did...Awesome...
Atma-Sphere MP-1 Mk 3.3, Pass X600.5 amps, Eminent Technology LFT VI speakers, Aerial SW 12 subs, True Sound Works Ultimate Apogee Divas, VPI HRX Reference (MagDrive/RimDrive), 12" 3DR tonearms, Miyajima Kansui & ZERO, VPI ADS, Vendetta SCP-1
Letsmakeadeal

Postby gene9p » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:17 pm

I just installed the tru lift on my Classic 2 and it is very nice. Not as clumsy as the Q-up but it requires a little work and patience. Hopefully I can help you through it a little quicker.

First off, use the supplied allen "wrench" and remove the bottom base and use the tallest base #4. Now depending on your VTA setting you have to try a few different heights on the Tru lift by loosing and tightening the height adjustment screw. You want the tonearm to clear the lift and be able to be lifted off the LP when activated. I tried the Lift in two locations and both work very well. One is near the platter where my Q-up was. Since I don't have the ring clamp this works perfectly for me. I also tried it where it is actually touching and line ups with the VTA base and closer to the uni pivot. This also works perfectly and would certainly be ideal for those using the clamp. I guess it took about a half hour to get it where I wanted and correct height. It gently lifts the arm off lps as compared to popping them off as the Q-Up does. The Tru lift also looks beautiful and is well built and not a flimsy plastic part but I assure you handling the antenna with care is a must.

Q-up in place

Tru lift in location near platter where Q-up was

alongside the VTA base

my adjusted height. yours may vary

up and running!!

gene9p

Postby 10ovr » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:03 pm

looks good,,,If your LP starts skipping you forgot to reset it ,,,Ask me how i know :lol:
10ovr

Postby Gary1955 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:48 pm

The Tru-Lift is practically a copy of the Little Fwend tonearm lifter made in Norway.
Unbelievable. :o
VPI HR-X rim drive w/magnetic drive platter, 3D Ref. 12" tonearm, Lyra Titan-i cartridge, Graham Slee Reflex M & Elevator, tri-amped horn system w/electronic crossover.
Gary1955

Postby gene9p » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:28 am

10ovr wrote:looks good,,,If your LP starts skipping you forgot to reset it ,,,Ask me how i know :lol:

Yeah it's not as obvious as the Q-up that the lift is up..... ;)
gene9p

PreviousNext

Return to Mat's Corner