Prime Dust Cover Question

Re: Prime Dust Cover Question

Postby jtec » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:36 pm

Make sure he uses very thick acrylic like Norm does. These things get a lot of bumps and bangs. Bottom edges can chip and start cracking with lighter gauge acrylic. The two main companies make expensive products but they are very well crafted and ultimately worth the cost.
jtec

Postby Brf » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:56 pm

jtec wrote:Make sure he uses very thick acrylic like Norm does. These things get a lot of bumps and bangs. Bottom edges can chip and start cracking with lighter gauge acrylic. The two main companies make expensive products but they are very well crafted and ultimately worth the cost.

Anything over 1/4" thick will be too heavy.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby muel » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:54 pm

How about this as an option from Sleeve City?
http://cdn3.volusion.com/aapps.nykew/v/ ... over-2.jpg
Jolida JD1000P
Prime #391
BAT VK51SE Preamp
EAR 834P
Unison Research Unico CD
JM Lab ALCOR
Phoenix Eagle PSU/RR tach
Nakamachi 581z
Magnum Dynalab FT101
Symposium Ultra shelf & Rollerballs
Lyra Delos & Ortofon Quintet Mono
Purist Audio MIT
muel

Postby jtec » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:19 am

1/4" is perfect!! And, yes, it is plenty heavy enough at 1/4".
jtec

Postby cwho122 » Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:50 am

10ovr wrote:Image

hi, can you please repost the photo? Thanks!
cwho122

Postby EdAInWestOC » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:44 am

Stereo Squares dust covers for the Prime are very nice. I bought the two piece, hinged cover and could not be happier.

I invested some money in some sorbothane sheeting and added that to the outside rear surface of the bottom half of the dust cover. I also bought some thick sorbothane strips to act as a gasket that the cover sits on. The result is a dust cover that has no negative side effects.

I can play my music at very loud levels and I do not have any feedback problems. Highly recommended...

We don't shush around here!
Life is analog...digital is just samples thereof
http://www.edsstuff.org
Prime | 3 Drive Belts | 2nd Pivot | ADS | Ortofon Quintet Black S | AQ Leopard | Liberty B2B-1
EdAInWestOC

Postby Johnny » Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:46 am

EdAInWestOC wrote:Stereo Squares dust covers for the Prime are very nice. I bought the two piece, hinged cover and could not be happier.

I invested some money in some sorbothane sheeting and added that to the outside rear surface of the bottom half of the dust cover. I also bought some thick sorbothane strips to act as a gasket that the cover sits on. The result is a dust cover that has no negative side effects.

I can play my music at very loud levels and I do not have any feedback problems. Highly recommended...

That was a smart idea isolating the dust cover from your platform to avoid the dust cover capturing acoustic energy and transferring back to the platform/table
Johnny

Previous

Return to Mat's Corner