vpi prime adapter for second arm placement

Re: vpi prime adapter for second arm placement

Postby Mat » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:00 am

We had a more... unpleasant experience with another adapter that was set up as well as the Pandora's box questions about all the different arms that could be mounted on the Prime with this adapter. Solid transparency as a company I don't want VPI getting slowed down by the potential issues and back lash of other brand arms not fitting/working/or breaking (during user installation) on the second arm adapter. As well as customers on their own damaging their table while trying to install it. Muel if the handful of adapters that went out in the world were all as smooth as yours I wouldn't have the same amount of speculation. There was an expectation by some that the adapter would be like a sandbox feature of the Avenger (you can mount 3 and any shape size and brand on the Avenger easily).
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby 10ovr » Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:18 am

The only problem I had was the tolerance was to tight of the disc going into the plinth hole,,Easy fix,,Took some sand paper and worked it till it fit,,That could be test fit in a plinth at your shop before going out,,,Other then that it was and easy install,,,
10ovr

Postby pragone@cfl.rr.com » Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:01 pm

Even with the challenges I'm still interested. I think you could at least make the adapter available as a buyer beware upgrade.I'm sure we could get all the support we need form others on this forum
Cheers

VPI Prime - VAS Nova - Ifi iPhono II/Lehmann Black Cube SE II - Rogue Audio Pharoah - Magnapan .7 - Rel
pragone@cfl.rr.com

Postby spinblackcircle » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:05 pm

I realize this idea has hit a wall but I was brain storming about another option that might be pretty easy to implement.

Why not take the Prime or Avenger motor housing and turn it into a standalone pod. Even better if you could take the current VPI alignment jig and re-purpose it into a S2P distance jig.

Something similar to this:

VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby Mat » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:44 pm

spinblackcircle wrote:I realize this idea has hit a wall but I was brain storming about another option that might be pretty easy to implement.

Why not take the Prime or Avenger motor housing and turn it into a standalone pod. Even better if you could take the current VPI alignment jig and re-purpose it into a S2P distance jig.

Possibly the best idea I've seen on this! This is something we will have to look into :)
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby spinblackcircle » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:50 pm

Mat wrote:

Possibly the best idea I've seen on this! This is something we will have to look into :)

You know where to send the first one! 8-)
VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

Postby Brf » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:31 pm

spinblackcircle wrote:I realize this idea has hit a wall but I was brain storming about another option that might be pretty easy to implement.

Nice FR 64S! I have owned mine for over 20 yrs. This would work especially well with 12" arms.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby spinblackcircle » Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:46 am

Mat wrote:Possibly the best idea I've seen on this! This is something we will have to look into :)

I got the idea from Steve at Magna Audio in the UK. I saw the tonearm pod and immediately thought VPI motor pod.

Has there been any thoughts about remote VTA adjustment? That's another one that's been bouncing around in my head. :ugeek:
spinblackcircle

Postby Brf » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:36 pm

TTW Audio when active made an adjustable standalone arm pod with adjustable VTA.
Attachments
TTW Glider.jpg
TTW Glider.jpg (33.38 KiB) Viewed 3135 times
Brf
Site Admin

Postby spinblackcircle » Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:06 pm

Brf wrote:TTW Audio when active made an adjustable standalone arm pod with adjustable VTA.

That's a great solution!
spinblackcircle

PreviousNext

Return to Mat's Corner