vpi prime adapter for second arm placement

Re: vpi prime adapter for second arm placement

Postby Mr. Big » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:58 am

Perfect, thanks!
Main: Krell MD2, Aurender N100S, Allnic H1201, Bryston BDA3, VPI Prime, D'Agostino Momentum Preamp & Stereo Amp, Wilson Sasha Series 2, Klaudio RCM
Headphone: Woo WA22, Woo WA8, Audeze LCD3, Sennheiser HD800S, A&K 320, JH Audio JH16, Noble K10
Mr. Big

Postby 10ovr » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:30 am

Mr. Big wrote:Perfect, thanks!

The cutout on the back is the same as the right side just flipped to the left,,, Tim
10ovr

Postby fischerd » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:05 pm

Mat,

Are there any updates regarding the purchase of an adapter/2nd tonearm for the Prime? Trying to see the cost for an identical tonearm (10" 3d arm) and adapter and when this will be ready for purchase. I'm not too savy with the technical aspects of installation and wondering how easy this will be to DIY. Any updates?

David
fischerd

Postby Jinohio » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:41 pm

I would have thought by now that I could purchase this adapter but checking Soundstage Direct and talking to my local VPI dealer I can't seem to find one. Any help or information? Thanks.
Jinohio

Postby 10ovr » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:11 am

Jinohio wrote:I would have thought by now that I could purchase this adapter but checking Soundstage Direct and talking to my local VPI dealer I can't seem to find one. Any help or information? Thanks.

Send Jharris a PM (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=484 ) He is a dealer and he can hook you up,,,Great guy,,Easy to work with,,,Tim
10ovr

Postby fischerd » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:33 am

Jinohio wrote:I would have thought by now that I could purchase this adapter but checking Soundstage Direct and talking to my local VPI dealer I can't seem to find one. Any help or information? Thanks.

Sent you a PM with contact info where you can get the adapter and 2nd arm mounted for your Prime.
fischerd

Postby Mat » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:41 am

Oops, I missed this... right now it looks like we are not going to move forward with this as a production upgrade mainly because it is proving to be a bit more DIY-ish than expected and we have had some "frustration" in the field. Not saying it will be a dead issue in the future but for now it is very easy for a VPI tech to mount it, not so much for an average user.

There are DIY aspects of the company I want to retain, like the ability to buy additional arm-wands, motor housings, VTA bases, and arm-boards. But at the same time I want there to be little to no frustration on the consumer side in installing any VPI accessory. :)
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby 10ovr » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:39 pm

Mat wrote:Oops, I missed this... right now it looks like we are not going to move forward with this as a production upgrade mainly because it is proving to be a bit more DIY-ish than expected and we have had some "frustration" in the field. Not saying it will be a dead issue in the future but for now it is very easy for a VPI tech to mount it, not so much for an average user.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. ……………………...LMAO,,Thats total BS,,,Little Tommy got frustrated so all the other DIYers that like doing there own work get screwed and can't buy the parts,,,Frustration is part of life,,,Deal with it,,,(((( Kids Today ))),I have helped 5 people with this upgrade and all they needed was a little guidance ,,Hell make a how to install youtube clip for Tommy,,,It's money out of your pocket,,,Just Say_n,,,,
10ovr

Postby muel » Fri Sep 16, 2016 9:47 pm

10ovr wrote:
Mat wrote:Oops, I missed this... right now it looks like we are not going to move forward with this as a production upgrade mainly because it is proving to be a bit more DIY-ish than expected and we have had some "frustration" in the field. Not saying it will be a dead issue in the future but for now it is very easy for a VPI tech to mount it, not so much for an average user.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….. ……………………...LMAO,,Thats total BS,,,Little Tommy got frustrated so all the other DIYers that like doing there own work get screwed and can't buy the parts,,,Frustration is part of life,,,Deal with it,,,(((( Kids Today ))),I have helped 5 people with this upgrade and all they needed was a little guidance ,,Hell make a how to install youtube clip for Tommy,,,It's money out of your pocket,,,Just Say_n,,,,

Yeah, I'm a little surprised at this myself. If I'm not mistaken, I'm one of the first people who got this upgrade and install it on my Prime. Now, I am by no means a great DIY-selfer, and I would put myself dead solid in the category of "average user" so if I can install this upgrade, almost anyone can. There really wasn't all that much to it. Yes, it took a little trial and error, but Jeeze, it wasn't "rocket science." So now I am enjoying both arms and have not had any issues at all.
I'm more worried now about whether there's some other real motivation for potentially abandoning this upgrade (despite not having a clue as to what that could be).
Jolida JD1000P
Prime #391
BAT VK51SE Preamp
EAR 834P
Unison Research Unico CD
JM Lab ALCOR
Phoenix Eagle PSU/RR tach
Nakamachi 581z
Magnum Dynalab FT101
Symposium Ultra shelf & Rollerballs
Lyra Delos & Ortofon Quintet Mono
Purist Audio MIT
muel

Postby 10ovr » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:17 am

I'm more worried now about whether there's some other real motivation for potentially abandoning this upgrade (despite not having a clue as to what that could be).[/quote]

Good question ,,,This seems to be a third rail for some reason ,,How about a little transparency here Mat.
10ovr

PreviousNext

Return to Mat's Corner