Any Update On the ADS 2nd generation version??

Any Update On the ADS 2nd generation version??

Postby MOON » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:55 pm

Mat, Mark or Harry,

A few months ago I read you had a mock up of the advanced ADS I beleive you were working with a joint venture with Levinson to produce the updated or Signature ADS.

Are you any closer to a release date or even give us an update.
Thanks
Prime 152, Lyra Kloes, Waynes Perifery Ring 3.8 lb, Stillpoint LPI , Simaudio 610 Evolution phono stage , Audio Sensibility silver statement phono cable.
MOON

Re: Any Update On the ADS 2nd generation version??

Postby MOON » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:29 am

I phoned VPI and talked to Marc finally getting an answer on the advanced 2nd generation ADS. Currently VPI are concentrating efforts on the 4th anniversary table.

That has set the release date of the new ADS to either the 2nd or 3rd quarter next year. It will be available with either a black or silver face plate.
Prime 152, Lyra Kloes, Waynes Perifery Ring 3.8 lb, Stillpoint LPI , Simaudio 610 Evolution phono stage , Audio Sensibility silver statement phono cable.
MOON

Re: Any Update On the ADS 2nd generation version??

Postby Peer Gynt » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:09 am

My take on this is that I would not wait if you need a power supply. The 20 pounds of VPI platter cover a lot of power supply shortcomings.

FWIW, I’ve had a lot of TT power supplies, motors and motor controllers in different systems the last two years.

For LP12, Valhalla w/50 Hz ac motor, Hercules II + Mose w/60 Hz ac motor, Mober closed loop controller with Maxxon DC motor, and Radikal closed loop controller with Maxxon DC motor.

For VPI, HW19 III with and without PLC, Classic III with and without SDS, and Levinson 515 with its native miniaturized ADS.

Granted, we have reliable power here, but the power supplies seem to be a bigger deal for Linn than for VPI. The Linn platter is light in comparison, and so it is more sensitive (responds more quickly) to input torque variations.

The Linn analysis is that your TT should engage you in the music. Is your toe tapping? If it is, all is well.

If you need a new motor/controller/power supply, a used SDS or a current ADS will be a good choice.
Peer Gynt

Return to Mat's Corner