Fatboy Back Order

Fatboy Back Order

Postby Johnny » Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:51 am

Hey Mat, my dealer tells me that the Fatboys are back ordered. Any idea when the next production run will be completed?

In addition, what is the status of the Fatboy dedicated VTA tower with additional mounting options?
Johnny

Re: Fatboy Back Order

Postby Johnny » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:39 pm

Johnny wrote:Hey Mat, my dealer tells me that the Fatboys are back ordered. Any idea when the next production run will be completed?

In addition, what is the status of the Fatboy dedicated VTA tower with additional mounting options?

Marc, Mat, Harry.......??
Johnny

Postby Peer Gynt » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:31 am

Bump!

I think you’ve got the answer ... no one can commit to a date.

Which irks customers more? No date, or missed date. It’s usually the latter.

Sigh ....
Peer Gynt

Postby Marc » Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:02 am

Hi all,

I just wanted to jump in on this thread. We are quite amazed with the amount of support and demand of the launch of the Fatboy. We had prepared enough tonearms that we thought would last two months based off the sales of the JMW-3DR when it was first released. We went through this specified amount in the first few weeks of the Fatboy announcement!

We are continually producing more Fatboys and they are being shipped in the order the are received. These tonearms take a bit longer to make than the rest of our line since they are our top of the line tonearm so we put extra time to guarantee the performance and quality of the tonearm.

As of now, I am not aware of the lead time of the specialized VTA base and this is something that may be announced at a later date.

We do appreciate your patience with this process and I hope to have you enjoying the Fatboy as soon as possible.

- Marc
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VPI HR-X, Fatboy, & Voyager Phono| Ortofon A95| Musical Fidelity M6si | KEF LS50 in Frosted Black | AudioQuest Victoria & Rocket 88
Marc
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:55 am

Thanks Marc for the response but your post didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know i.e. there is a Fatboy back order.

I was hoping that VPI would be able give a time line knowing their production schedule and have an idea when Fatboy stock would be made available again. When I asked my Dealer how long, he simply did not have a clue and said it could be months.......
Johnny

Postby Marc » Tue Sep 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Johnny wrote:Thanks Marc for the response but your post didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know i.e. there is a Fatboy back order.

I was hoping that VPI would be able give a time line knowing their production schedule and have an idea when Fatboy stock would be made available again. When I asked my Dealer how long, he simply did not have a clue and said it could be months.......

Unfortunately, I can't divulge information on dealer shipments. Most dealerships who have Fatboys on order have a few different orders so it would be difficult to narrow down which order would be yours. I do not believe that it would be months for a lead time. If you would like you can send me an email to marc@vpiindustries.com and I would be able to see what we can do to help out.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
VPI HR-X, Fatboy, & Voyager Phono| Ortofon A95| Musical Fidelity M6si | KEF LS50 in Frosted Black | AudioQuest Victoria & Rocket 88
Marc
Site Admin

Postby Johnny » Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:12 pm

Marc wrote:
Johnny wrote:Thanks Marc for the response but your post didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know i.e. there is a Fatboy back order.

Unfortunately, I can't divulge information on dealer shipments. Most dealerships who have Fatboys on order have a few different orders so it would be difficult to narrow down which order would be yours. I do not believe that it would be months for a lead time. If you would like you can send me an email to marc@vpiindustries.com and I would be able to see what we can do to help out.

I have not ordered a Fatboy, I am in the decision making process and one of the factors is how long before I can get the tonearm. I was hoping that the answer was that VPI will be receiving "X" number of Fatboys next month and will have inventory to meet future demand. It sound like VPI are producing Fatboys once an order is placed.
Johnny

Postby 10ovr » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:19 pm

You also have to put in the mix 400 HW Anniversary TTs with Fat Boys on them ,,Do those come first ???
10ovr

Postby Johnny » Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:41 pm

10ovr wrote:You also have to put in the mix 400 HW Anniversary TTs with Fat Boys on them ,,Do those come first ???

Good point
Johnny

Postby Peer Gynt » Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:00 pm

They are 3D Printed. That means a machine makes them one at a time. Or an array of N machines makes them N at a time.

I suspect that they’re in the mode of making maybe 8 or fewer a day per machine. Depositing the polymer is not a super fast process, and the Fatboy takes more polymer than the regular model.

The fastest way to get one is to place an order with a reliable dealer.

Does VPI outsource tonearms? I’ve thought they were printing these in house, if for no other reason than to protect their intellectual property.
Peer Gynt

Next

Return to Mat's Corner