Need advice from Prime to Prime Sig Rosewood

Need advice from Prime to Prime Sig Rosewood

Postby innocent_bystander » Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:32 am

I currently have a Prime and I was thinking of upgrading to a Prime sig Rosewood. Is there any sonic improvements when I go to the Prime Sig Rosewood?

Thanks
innocent_bystander

Re: Need advice from Prime to Prime Sig Rosewood

Postby Shep » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:22 pm

I made the same upgrade several months ago and have found the improvement to be very much worthwhile.
The most significant improvement for me is that the sound is more coherent/organic and solid from top to bottom. It just sounds more integrated/whole in relative comparison to the Prime. Also, it's a bit more muscular than the Prime, with more drive and momentum.

The other significant factor is that the Signature Rosewood appearance is.....STUNNING!!!!
Shep

Re: Need advice from Prime to Prime Sig Rosewood

Postby EdAInWestOC » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:23 am

The Prime Sig Rosewood is a beautiful table but my salesman, who I trust very much, advised me that it would be a waste of money. I would achieve some advantage on S/N since the Prime Sig is a slightly quieter table but the improvement is pretty much that. My salesman is known as a VPI expert.

My salesman is very familiar with my rig and advised me to seek another path to seek improved sonics. I ended up replacing my Ortofon Quintet Black S with an Ortofon Windfeld Ti. Now thats an upgrade.

Ed
We don't shush around here!
Life is analog...digital is just samples thereof
http://www.edsstuff.org
Prime|3 Drive Belts|2nd Pivot|ADS|Ortofon Windfeld Ti|AQ Leopard|Sky 30|Liberty B2B-1|MW-1
EdAInWestOC

Return to Mat's Corner