Close... but under 30 K :D
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Re: A nice picture of my dad!

Postby Buck Hansom » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:59 pm

I missed it - What happed to the original VPI Direct?

When it first came out 30k seemed exorbitant, but now that I’ve been in this hobby a while I’ve numbed to the costs. After reading all the positive reviews I was actually considering it. What happened?
Buck Hansom

Postby Brf » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:00 am

Buck Hansom wrote:I missed it - What happed to the original VPI Direct?

When it first came out 30k seemed exorbitant, but now that I’ve been in this hobby a while I’ve numbed to the costs. After reading all the positive reviews I was actually considering it. What happened?

The VPI Direct was never meant to be a VPI "standard" production offering but can be purchased on a special order basis.
Brf
Site Admin

Postby Mat » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:09 pm

In the past the whole Direct Drive platform was developed more in the old VPI mind set of the product being developed without long term production and process in mind. Rather... it was more of "my dad built them when he felt like it" kind of product. From a bespoke and cool factor of the founder being the man to make them it was a nice idea. From a repeatable and standard product idea it was a nightmare (mainly for me) especially since dad would continue to make changes/improvements. Since the Classic Direct (and the Vanquish which dad made a handful of) were tables that could only be built and serviced by him it had me a bit worried from a long term stand point. Since then we have improved upon our process, production, and reputability (Harry can be on the beach in Florida and we can still make and service the motor).

Ummm... not that I'm saying we are making a Direct Drive table with machined aluminum front, and wood panels, and Fatboy, and some really cool looking base... I'm totally not saying any of that!
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby JimTimP » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:40 pm

Wink Wink. Nod Nod....

Well, if you need any 'beta testers' for that non-mentionable non-existent table, then I would be a volunteer. Or is that a non-volunteer....
Teac X-2000R, Otari MX-5050 BIII-2, Manley Stingray II Amp, Yaqin SD-32A CD Player, Zestos Andros PS 1 Phono Preamp, VPI Prime Sig, ADS & 16.5, Soundsmith Voice & Lyra Delos on own arms, Zaph ZRT 2.5 Spkr, Homemade 10" Subs, PS Audio P5
JimTimP

Postby jonathanb » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:09 pm

Mat wrote:Ummm... not that I'm saying we are making a Direct Drive table with machined aluminum front, and wood panels, and Fatboy, and some really cool looking base... I'm totally not saying any of that!

No, of course not. It must have been Jane!
jonathanb

Postby Johnny » Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:03 am

Okay, let's guess as to the MSRP of the new Anniversary DD table.

I'll go first and peg it at $22,000 complete with the Fatboy
Johnny

Postby Dorian » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:21 pm

Johnny wrote:Okay, let's guess as to the MSRP of the new Anniversary DD table.

I'll go first and peg it at $22,000 complete with the Fatboy

Per Harry, $12K including Fatboy.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby miner » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:20 am

I'll take a WAG - wild a$$ guess - $14,999.
McIntosh C2300 pre; McIntosh MC452 amp; McIntosh MCD500 SACD; VPI Aries 3 with 3D arm and Ortofon Cadenza Black MC cartridge; Manley Chinook SE; PS Audio P5 regulator; VPI SDS; Pioneer RT707 R2R; Nakamichi ZX-7 cass.; Sonus faber Cremona Auditor M; REL B1
miner

Postby jonathanb » Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:40 am

Going way out on that limb, aintcha? :P
jonathanb

PreviousNext

Return to Mat's Corner