What do you think the 40th will be?

Re: What do you think the 40th will be?

Postby 10ovr » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:39 pm

Reading the question (What do you think the 40th will be?) Sounds like they have made a decision what it is going to be already .... I do like the look of brass ,,that would be nice ,,
10ovr

Postby 10ovr » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:10 pm

A year ago Harry said this (the unipivot but will use a gimbal yoke like the Scout JR. Sorry this has taken so long but I am working on three projects at once, one being the 40th Anniversary Direct Drive which will actually use the Fusion arm. The 14" arm with no offset sounds very tape like with an exceedingly smooth ...) https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2017/03/ ... udio-fest/
10ovr

Postby Mat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:54 pm

We have a few ideas locked in and I forgot about that video... so that might be giving away some of the goods. We have narrowed it down to two options... if I'm going to be direct one option would be a bit more pricey and a true limited run. The other option when left in idol hands with the right control would be a touch more affordable and a better long term option as a long term new product. :P
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby Mat » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:55 pm

I promise I'll post all of the epic napkin like drawings my dad and I have been working on when everything is all out there. Our official Anniversary starts in December so we plan to have it fully done and one active display at Capital Audiofest in November :)
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby fischerd » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:43 pm

Mat wrote:... if I'm going to be direct :P

Well, I guess one will be a direct drive table. Next riddle please ;)
fischerd

Postby Jim » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:32 am

Well, I guess one will be a direct drive table. Next riddle please ;)

The next riddle may be in the same message..."long" mentioned twice. New tonearm?
Classic 3 with 3D tonearm, Peripheral Ring Clamp, XLR Output & VAS Nova 0.4mV cartridge. LKV Veros One phono stage, ARC Ref 5 SE preamp, ARC Ref 75 SE amp, Aerial Acoustics 7T speakers.
Jim

Postby Dorian » Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:39 pm

I'd say the clue for the second option is the "...when left in idol (sic) hands...". Idler drive?
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby Mat » Wed May 09, 2018 2:00 am

I have the first polished conceptual renderings done and it is burning into my soul not sharing them just yet!

soon...

very soon...
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby Dorian » Wed May 09, 2018 8:40 am

Mat wrote:I have the first polished conceptual renderings done and it is burning into my soul not sharing them just yet!

soon...

very soon...

You can share them with us Mat! Just clearly set expectations that it’s only a concept and everything may change. The concept may benefit from the forum’s feedback.
VPI Prime #959 & Outer Ring| SoundSmith MIMC Star | Herron VTPH-2A | Primaluna DiaLogue Premium HP Integrated | KEF LS-50s | Phoenix Eagle & Roadrunner | Audio Sensibility Cables | Symposium Ultra | AQ Niagara 1000 | Stillpoints LPI | Focal Clear
Dorian

Postby spinblackcircle » Wed May 09, 2018 12:06 pm

Mat wrote:I have the first polished conceptual renderings done and it is burning into my soul not sharing them just yet!

soon...

very soon...

VPI Prime/Grado Reference Master, VPI 16.5 RCM, Audio Research LP1, Audio Research VSI60, Martin Logan Electromotion ESL, ClearDay and Audio Sensibility Cables
spinblackcircle

PreviousNext

Return to Mat's Corner