VPI Update

VPI Update

Postby Mat » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:26 pm

Hey everyone,

I have continued to be more absent from here than expected. The industry continues to go down a pretty dark path because of the continued issues with material, costs, shipping, and labor. It has been more difficult than ever to find people who want to work. Never fear, we are still staying the course and doing everything possible to make sure VPI gets through all of these road blocks and continues to turn out the quality state of the art tables you would expect from us. I wanted to give you all a bit of an update I'll be sharing this update elsewhere to make sure everyone sees this.

Material, Supplies, and Production
I had a bad feeling about the direction was going and made a lot of positive commitments to make sure we would stay flush with material. Of course that material is more expensive with longer lead times than we have ever experienced! Shifting over to the 21 Series (while the marketing plan to celebrate 2021 didn't work out) building and shipping 21s have been a pleasure! We really refined and stepped up our Prime Series with the improvements made to the tables. More importantly, we grabbed all the rosewood we could before it disappeared! We will be flush with rosewood but this is the last batch until something changes in the world. All suppliers have come back with no good news. But we have Rosewood Signature 21s!

VPI Team
We are exhausted! We are understaffed and working harder than ever. We promote for staff members to do whatever they need for self care but it gets tough sometimes. The past 2 years my team has totally changed and it has been rough to fill the shoes of team members who had to find a different path. The office has been especially swapped since we went from an office staff of 5 (7 if you count Jane and myself) to 2-ish in the office. We are working on that but with every new person who comes in they need extensive training and time to carry their weight. Leo came out of retirement and is working part time. Jan is still at his post making Signature level turntables, and Carla is keeping them all in line! On top of that we have some wonderful new people on the floor who truly fit the DNA of the VPI family.

Capital Audiofest
We will be there! We will have our same two rooms, and we are taking extensive steps to ensure everyone's safety. Brut honestly, our immediate area has been doing so well for so long with COVID, with the exceptions of schools masking up, it feels very normal here. This is no take away from anyone and their family who might still be struggling with COVID related issues. Anyway, my point is we felt it was important to get out to Capital to start to steer our lives back to some level of normalcy. We all have to make our own health choices but we also need to get back to seeing each other and listening to music again! Our goal is to show 3 new-ish products. One is showcasing our new Signature 21 and the other two products were expected to be shown at last years CAF had it happened. We will have a live stream and potentially an ongoing Zoom call to help keep people at home connected. We will share those links here when we know what we are doing. 8-)

VPI House
We have renovated and started rebuilding the VPI Showroom/House. The goal is to start doing live streams, setup videos, and in person events sooner than later. One idea is to have a virtual event before CAF to help get people excited but we will see what happens. We did some renovations to help keep it inline with safety measures and CDC guidelines.

VPI Rumor...
NO I'm not selling VPI to run my Karate school! :D I'm very thankful to have Karate back in my life and if anyone wants I'll gladly teach you some moves! But I would never give up on my second love (next to Jane my wife) which is VPI. I'm honored and proud everyday to keep my mom and dad's dream alive. In fact the Karate school has helped VPI by helping to re-focus me when things were getting tough last year, overall balance, training/exercise, and a fantastic outlet for stress. I suggest more people try it! Yeah, not selling VPI for Karate :lol:

BRF
Has anyone heard or seen a post on any forum by him. I didn't catch his absence at first but now I'm getting pretty worried if anyone knows anything let us know and I'll do the same. Anyway, I'm going to get back to my midnight emails and I'll try to get more updates and activity here soon! Hope everyone is healthy and enjoying the music!
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Re: VPI Update

Postby tony22 » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:45 am

Good to get an update, Mat. Keep up the good fight and have a safe and productive CAF. I haven’t decided yet if I’m going.
Pass XP-20, XP-17, X260.8 monos, Von Schweikert Endeavor SE, PS Audio PST & DS, Avenger w/mods, 12" Fatboy gimbal, Benz LPS, VAS, SS, & Ortofon carts, Sonore ultraRendu & Matrix XSPDIF-2, PS Audio P20, Masterbuilt and Iconoclast cables.
tony22

Postby madrac » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:57 am

Thanks, Mat!
VPI Classic 1-Fatboy, VTA tower,periphery ring,PE Eagle & RR, HW16.5, VAS NOVA, Soundsmith Paua, Manley Chinook, Bob's SUT, Rogue RP5 & ST100, Sierra Towers w/ RAAL, Rythmik E15HPx2, Audio Sensibility, Blue Jeans ICs, Symposium & Isoacoustics
madrac

Postby suntea » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:23 pm

Thank you Matt! Its great to know how things are going and best of luck going forward.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classic 3,Ortofon quint Brnz,McIntosh 2300 Pre,McIntosh MC275 VI Amp,McIntosh MVP861 disc player,Tannoy Turnberry Speakers,REL T9i woofers
suntea

Postby Beck » Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:45 pm

Avenger Reference | Fat Boy Dual Pivot - Phasemation PP-2000 | Fat Boy Gimbal - Ortofon A95 | SOTA modded BLDC rim drive | T+A P3100 | T+A A3000 mono blocks | van den Hul Grail SE+ phono stage | Audiovector R8 Arreté | Audio Sensibility Statement cables |
Beck

Postby MOON » Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:11 pm

Mat,

brf contributes on the forums here almost daily under the same user name https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/
Classic 4, 12"3d, hrx pulley, 3 belts, dual pivot, sds, Pneuance NP-2 Peunmatic footers, Lyra Kloes, Corby's Cabon Fiber Mat, Waynes Perifery Ring 3.8 lb, Synergistic Research UEF Clamp, Simaudio 610 Evolution phono pre, Tru lift & sweep
MOON

Postby Mat » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:09 pm

Yes, it looks like something happened on that end. We have had so much happen I'm not sure exactly what did it but a bunch of things are messed up. But hold onto your hats. I just got an email earlier today about our site being migrated! The last time something like this happened it wrecked us for weeks. I'm going to see how the weekend goes and than act accordingly once GoDaddy shafts us again :D
Attachments
wtfff.jpg
wtfff.jpg (95.36 KiB) Viewed 473 times
Mat Weisfeld
President
VPI Industries Inc.
Mat
Site Admin

Postby Ducky » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:05 pm

Brf's last post was at the end of July; how long has this migration been going on?
Ducky

Postby Johnny » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:17 pm

Ducky wrote:Brf's last post was at the end of July; how long has this migration been going on?

Mat posted on Facebook back in July that he was having trouble with the forum migration. I suspect that the forum change is not high on VPI’s priority.
Johnny

Return to Mat's Corner